New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And i know no one gives a shit but i haven't been on here in a while so i want to see some old school cunting. Is Spammy still hiding away in his flat in sweden shagging a different bird every night?
Whats that nonce Brigante up to?

Anyone heard from gibbsy recently?

Arcspace touches kids.

The first Uber i ever got, he took 4 minutes to arrive, pushed the seat right back for me so i could get in, offered me a bottle of water, and cost me half what my usual cab company cost. Haven't used another cab service since.

Customer service is always excellent, as you can expect from a service that requires ratings. Had some fantastic chats with drivers, never spoken to an uber driver that was unhappy with the company. Many had left better jobs to become Uber drivers. Once had a guy that used to be a manager of a Nando's i went to a lot that became a driver so he'd have more time to spend with his family. Had another that was a delivery driver he joined uber for the freedom and security.

I've had one issue that was mostly my fault, ordered an uber, then my phone died. Driver went to the wrong place. Got a refund instantly, through the app.

I respect cab drivers for the work involved. The knowledge is tough. But its also fucking unnecessary. And when google maps can have live traffic information, its never going to compete. I've had black cab drivers take some weird routes before, once got one from Westfield and the dude definitely thought i was a tourist and tried to mug me off. Luckily i knew the way.

The black cab/meter system is outdated. I once got a black cab from east london to west london. We asked the guy before hand how much it would be roughly (pure guesswork) he'd said he do it for £90. When the meter got to £110 he got pissed off with us, kicked us all out pretty much bang in the middle of either place we wanted to go (we'd agreed 2 drops beforehand, about 5 minutes drive apart).

Or the time a black cab wouldn't let me get out in traffic so i was forced to sit in the back watching the meter go up, whilst looking at my watch as my train left the station i probably could have got to in time had i been allowed to get out and run.

Black cabs are like red telephone boxes. Post boxes. Relics. Symbols of a bygone era. Falling behind. As is the industry in general.

Oh and James savage They do have offices in London.

Uber moves London headquarters to Aldgate as it doubles office size
http://london.ubermovement.com/contact-info/

A simple search on the internet would have told you that and saved you a lot of time, rather than relying on what you know which may of course be out of date information...

How apt?

or should that be app-t?
Good luck with your choice, and if they lose the appeal and TFL go through with their promise to tighten up the ridiculous lapses in the licensing of Ushit and their partners, you might see that price you are quoting about to double.
Never been worried with competition, just give me a level playing field.

Good luck with your choice, and if they lose the appeal and TFL go through with their promise to tighten up the ridiculous lapses in the licensing of Ushit and their partners, you might see that price you are quoting about to double.
Never been worried with competition, just give me a level playing field.

Thanks you've really addressed me points and shown me the error of my ways.

Was hoping for more of a bite. This place has gone downhill.

How about we name it after our greatest ever supporter.......... schmood.

The schmood stadium has a ring to it.

Is there a sponsership deal out there that would make you stop going to Spurs.

I mean if the Stratford move came off I would of seen that as a betrayal and stopped going sponsership though is difficult.

It seems there is a big chance that the Qataries may sponsor the stadium. Personally I would be appalled but I'd probably Suck it up and still go and grumble a lot on here. This despite promising myself that I will not watch a single Qatar WC game. Does our love of Spurs overwhelm whatever grubby deal we may reach. Anyway here's to the sports direct stub hub international mining stadium brought to you by Goldman Sachs. Oh I see they have replaced the cockerel with a vampire squid

Is there a sponsership deal out there that would make you stop going to Spurs.

I mean if the Stratford move came off I would of seen that as a betrayal and stopped going sponsership though is difficult.

It seems there is a big chance that the Qataries may sponsor the stadium. Personally I would be appalled but I'd probably Suck it up and still go and grumble a lot on here. This despite promising myself that I will not watch a single Qatar WC game. Does our love of Spurs overwhelm whatever grubby deal we may reach. Anyway here's to the sports direct stub hub international mining stadium brought to you by Goldman Sachs. Oh I see they have replaced the cockerel with a vampire squid
The sponsorship issue is really tricky. I think if the sums were right, the board would agree the deal with pretty much anyone, even if it was controversial. Would it turn people away from Spurs? Probably not, save for a small minority of principled folk. & if we were successful, that minority would soon be swamped by the new fans we would "gain". I haven't met one person who would want to name it anything other than White Hart Lane. But that's fanciful because there are huge lumps of cash waiting to sponsor a spanking new stadium. I don't think for one second that the people who run the club will think twice about handing naming rights to the highest bidder, even if it's a company that many may be uncomfortable with.

If there's a big group of you who are genuinely concerned that we could end up having the new stadium named after a company that you object to on ethical grounds, then raise it with THST so that they can flag it with the club as a potential issue. This is exactly the kind of thing that the Trust are there to speak up about on behalf of fans, and it'd be much more effective to do it now rather than moaning or starting a petition about it once the deal's already been signed.

Saying that, I doubt there'd ever be a situation where the club would agree to the fans being able to veto a company for naming rights, but they might at least consider business ethics etc as a secondary criteria in deciding between competing bids with similar commercial value.

I suspect though that the majority of fans would prefer to have a weapons manufacturer with a navy blue logo sponsoring us than a squeaky clean company with a red logo.

Back
Top Bottom