New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

less ? They take 25% of their earnings direct, another 25% goes on hiring a car and running costs.
Uber pay no U.K. tax, have no UK base ( money gets shifted to Holland)
No landline number for customer service.
Provide no booking records which is a must for TFL.
Uber bubble will burst pretty soon and roll on the day .
Don't know if you were agreeing with me there or not.
You basically said what I did.
How can they give them less after the decision - to ensure they are classed as 'self employed' - when they give them fuck all now.

The first Uber i ever got, he took 4 minutes to arrive, pushed the seat right back for me so i could get in, offered me a bottle of water, and cost me half what my usual cab company cost. Haven't used another cab service since.

Customer service is always excellent, as you can expect from a service that requires ratings. Had some fantastic chats with drivers, never spoken to an uber driver that was unhappy with the company. Many had left better jobs to become Uber drivers. Once had a guy that used to be a manager of a Nando's i went to a lot that became a driver so he'd have more time to spend with his family. Had another that was a delivery driver he joined uber for the freedom and security.

I've had one issue that was mostly my fault, ordered an uber, then my phone died. Driver went to the wrong place. Got a refund instantly, through the app.

I respect cab drivers for the work involved. The knowledge is tough. But its also fucking unnecessary. And when google maps can have live traffic information, its never going to compete. I've had black cab drivers take some weird routes before, once got one from Westfield and the dude definitely thought i was a tourist and tried to mug me off. Luckily i knew the way.

The black cab/meter system is outdated. I once got a black cab from east london to west london. We asked the guy before hand how much it would be roughly (pure guesswork) he'd said he do it for £90. When the meter got to £110 he got pissed off with us, kicked us all out pretty much bang in the middle of either place we wanted to go (we'd agreed 2 drops beforehand, about 5 minutes drive apart).

Or the time a black cab wouldn't let me get out in traffic so i was forced to sit in the back watching the meter go up, whilst looking at my watch as my train left the station i probably could have got to in time had i been allowed to get out and run.

Black cabs are like red telephone boxes. Post boxes. Relics. Symbols of a bygone era. Falling behind. As is the industry in general.

Oh and James savage They do have offices in London.

Uber moves London headquarters to Aldgate as it doubles office size
http://london.ubermovement.com/contact-info/

A simple search on the internet would have told you that and saved you a lot of time, rather than relying on what you know which may of course be out of date information...

How apt?

or should that be app-t?

Back
Top Bottom