New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All Uber has done is wipe out the some of the crappier High St mini cab firms and the illegals who always used hang around nightclubs. It's a much safer service than the black market that existed previously.

Anyway......back to the stadium

Where do people think they are going to want to sit (or stand...) now they've seen more of the design plans etc?

Uber don't just raise the fares, it's based on a system called surge pricing which inflates prices to attract drivers to an area when there is high demand and a low volume of carS. It's an automated system not someone just deciding to ramp them up. Obviously it's not designed for something acute like a tube strike though. At 2x pricing still cheaper than a black cab in most instances

Black cabs are good for central London when you want to dive in one for a short spontaneous journey as I don't mind paying for the convenience

Would never get one again from zone 1 to 3 after several incidents of "nah I'm not going that way" or being taken on magical mystery tours to drum up the fare. Getting an uber is more straightforward and saves me £20 which is a no brainer
If Ushit lose last weeks Court Case by 2 of their Partners ?, on appeal and their slaves are afforded the chance to be called employees, albeit self employed, see Uboats prices go up almost overnight to pay for sick pay, holiday pay etc to 40,000 men & women .
Of course the public want cheap, they aren't at all bothered with the quality, so let's carry on subsidising the slaves .

If Ushit lose last weeks Court Case by 2 of their Partners ?, on appeal and their slaves are afforded the chance to be called employees, albeit self employed, see Uboats prices go up almost overnight to pay for sick pay, holiday pay etc to 40,000 men & women .
Of course the public want cheap, they aren't at all bothered with the quality, so let's carry on subsidising the slaves .

You're not helping yourself. Ultimately they haven't made being self employed illegal. what's more likely to happen is that the company will provide even less to the drivers to ensure they fit the definition of self employed

Would never get one again from zone 1 to 3 after several incidents of "nah I'm not going that way" or being taken on magical mystery tours to drum up the fare. Getting an uber is more straightforward and saves me £20 which is a no brainer
I have no idea how you can moan about black cab mystery tours when you're comparing them to Uber. I've had plenty of fairly long black cab rides and they always seem to take me the fastest route, don't think I've ever thought why the fuck is he taking me this way. I'm not saying they don't do it but I can't imagine they do it any more than uber. Ever since uber have come about here I've seen 10s if not hundreds of people on twitter moaning about the route their uber took them, posting screenshots of 5 minute journeys that have taken hours with them just driving the streets and leaving them with £200 bills in some cases. It's happened to mates as well.

You're not helping yourself. Ultimately they haven't made being self employed illegal. what's more likely to happen is that the company will provide even less to the drivers to ensure they fit the definition of self employed
Who said it was illegal? to be self employed ?
Uber couldn't care less about you and the Uboat driver, and what you get is a person working too many hours to achieve a working wage, and all the people using this sub standard service are making some people in San Francisco very rich !

I have no idea how you can moan about black cab mystery tours when you're comparing them to Uber. I've had plenty of fairly long black cab rides and they always seem to take me the fastest route, don't think I've ever thought why the fuck is he taking me this way. I'm not saying they don't do it but I can't imagine they do it any more than uber. Ever since uber have come about here I've seen 10s if not hundreds of people on twitter moaning about the route their uber took them, posting screenshots of 5 minute journeys that have taken hours with them just driving the streets and leaving them with £200 bills in some cases. It's happened to mates as well.

I only speak from personal experience and I don't know anyone who has had such an Uber experience. The only thing Twitter is an accurate barometer of is how backwards society has gone.

If they do provide an awful service that's bad value for money then no one will use them. You rate the journey at the end and and the driver gets booted out if you there average goes below 4 stars out of 5.

Anyway taking things off topic massively

Last edited:
Who said it was illegal? to be self employed ?
Uber couldn't care less about you and the Uboat driver, and what you get is a person working too many hours to achieve a working wage, and all the people using this sub standard service are making some people in San Francisco very rich !

Well that was the whole point of the court case......

That they are technically employees and as such eligible for sick pay/holiday pay/pension e.t.c. They were previously considered self employed and just rented the app e.t.c.

Well that was the whole point of the court case......

That they are technically employees and as such eligible for sick pay/holiday pay/pension e.t.c. They were previously considered self employed and just rented the app e.t.c.
less ? They take 25% of their earnings direct, another 25% goes on hiring a car and running costs.
Uber pay no U.K. tax, have no UK base ( money gets shifted to Holland)
No landline number for customer service.
Provide no booking records which is a must for TFL.
Uber bubble will burst pretty soon and roll on the day .

You lost me at black cabbies paying their taxes.

I've read all of these arguments from the anti-uber brigade before. Ultimately uber hasn't made black cabs redundant it's just provided competition and the fact is their losing money because it's overpriced and outdated. The notion they are all trying to keep us safe and preserve workers rights is fucking laughable, just trying to keep their monopoly.

I just think we should have the choice, if you want to pay a premium for what you perceive as a greater service you go for it. I don't perceive the premium warrants it
Who's notion was that?

You lost me at black cabbies paying their taxes.

I've read all of these arguments from the anti-uber brigade before. Ultimately uber hasn't made black cabs redundant it's just provided competition and the fact is their losing money because it's overpriced and outdated. The notion they are all trying to keep us safe and preserve workers rights is fucking laughable, just trying to keep their monopoly.

I just think we should have the choice, if you want to pay a premium for what you perceive as a greater service you go for it. I don't perceive the premium warrants it

I pay my taxes.
Black cabs aren't redundant as they are clearly still on the streets.
Mini cabs have been competition since the 60's,ergo there cannot be a Monopoly.
The 'Premium' is set by the Government, as is the £43,000 built for purpose, wheelchair accessible, only vehicle we can buy.
I have taken Card Payments for years.
Black Cabs were the first to embrace the new technology with the World's firs App.
Were we able to break the law like Uber we would be cheaper too.

Apart from that, your argument is sound. Oh, and by the way, my business has increased due to customers having had bad experiences with Uber.

I pay my taxes.
Black cabs aren't redundant as they are clearly still on the streets.
Mini cabs have been competition since the 60's,ergo there cannot be a Monopoly.
The 'Premium' is set by the Government, as is the £43,000 built for purpose, wheelchair accessible, only vehicle we can buy.
I have taken Card Payments for years.
Black Cabs were the first to embrace the new technology with the World's firs App.
Were we able to break the law like Uber we would be cheaper too.

Apart from that, your argument is sound. Oh, and by the way, my business has increased due to customers having had bad experiences with Uber.
Fucking despise the fact that I'm grating involved in this 'debate' (and for the record I think uber needed shutting down before they started) but if your business has increased due to uber, why on earth would you have a problem with them? Secondly do you really believe your business has really increased due to uber or because of other factors? In which case surely it would have increased more if uber were not around

Fucking despise the fact that I'm grating involved in this 'debate' (and for the record I think uber needed shutting down before they started) but if your business has increased due to uber, why on earth would you have a problem with them? Secondly do you really believe your business has really increased due to uber or because of other factors? In which case surely it would have increased more if uber were not around

Don't know what 'grating involved' means but I'll try and keep this simple for you.
My problem with Uber is their sinister hunger for profit and the disgraceful way they treat people. That includes their own drivers and any Sole Trader trying to improve or maintain the life they have grafted all their lives for. This they have done by ignoring all the rules and safeguards that apply to all other Hackney Carriage and Private Hire owner/ drivers.
Yes, I do believe my business has increased because of Uber, as a lot of my customers, usually women, tell me that they tried Uber and now do not use them.
As in any business there is a finite number of customers, continuing to provide an infinite number of suppliers, leads to an over supply in the market.
Uber flourishes by having a large,regular staff turnover, with very few overheads. If they remove all competition from the market, what do you think will happen to fares?
I understand that you don't like Black Cab Drivers, but for every disagreeable driver you have encountered, I can give you a dozen drunken, abusive and violent members of the public.
I could also give you a generation of people with an enhanced sense of entitlement, and no comprehension of manners.
But as someone who has never feared fair competition, I fully understand that you have a choice, and that you believe that time served Cabbies have no value. I think you should exercise that right.
I wouldn't want to take someone who has such a low opinion of me.

I can't be the only one who's worried about our season at Wembley?

Our recent record is pony, and teams will go all out there as it may be one of their only chances to play there.

Back
Top Bottom