New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For the very first time, I have some interesting inside information about the outcome of the Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO), served on Archway Sheet Metal Works.

I understand that earlier this week, Archway lost the legal challenge against Haringey Council over the CPO that was served on them. Apparently, they were seeking around £3m financial compensation, after rejecting a £1m offer plus nearby new premises, as part of the whole compensation package.

In addition to losing the case, they were ordered to pay Haringey's legal fees as well as their own, which was also a six-figure sum. I also understand they have had to accept a much lower compensation package of around £500k, and will have to find or build their own new premises.

Now this court case is over, although probably subject to appeal ( Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon will know for certain, as he is much more intelligent than me) I would have thought Eric Pickles should now be able to make the decision for the CPO to proceed. I am reasonably certain that all the other companies served with CPO's have accepted the terms, relocated already or have made plans to move.

Archway were the final ones, and in my opinion very foolish not to accept the original offer and financial compensation package. A regeneration scheme on this scale, in a deprived part of London was always highly likely to proceed, based upon the number of jobs it would create, benefits to the local economy, and the amount of affordable housing that would be constructed.

Hopefully, one small step closer to the construction of our desperately needed new stadium, and I'm glad I have been able to contribute something positive to this thread.

Last edited:
The owner of Archway Steel: A Mr. D. Levy

:levyeyes:

You're probably correct.

The only difference being that their star employee wasn't sold for a shed load of cash, which was then wasted on employing a bunch of workshy benefit scroungers, who could not be bothered to turn up for work. Rant over.

:levylol:

Last edited:
For the very first time, I have some interesting inside information about the outcome of the Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO), served on Archway Sheet Metal Works.

I understand that earlier this week, Archway lost the legal challenge against Haringey Council over the CPO that was served on them. Apparently, they were seeking around £3m financial compensation, after rejecting a £1m offer plus nearby new premises, as part of the whole compensation package.

In addition to losing the case, they were ordered to pay the Haringey's legal fees as well as their own, which was also a six-figure sum. I also understand they have had to accept a much lower compensation package of around £500k, and will have to find or build their own new premises.

Now this court case is over, although probably subject to appeal ( Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon will know for certain, as he is much more intelligent than me) I would have thought Eric Pickles should now be able to make the decision for the CPO to proceed. I am reasonably certain that all the other companies served with CPO's have accepted the terms, relocated already or have made plans to move.

Archway were the final ones, and in my opinion very foolish not to accept the original offer and financial compensation package. A regeneration scheme on this scale, in a deprived part of London was always highly likely to proceed, based upon the number of jobs it would create, benefits to the local economy, and the amount of affordable housing that would be constructed.

Hopefully, one small step closer to the construction of our desperately needed new stadium, and I'm glad I have been able to contribute something positive to this thread.

Sounds like greed to me, and they lost out as a consequence.

£1,000,000 AND new premises? Sounds like a bloody good deal to me.

Sounds like greed to me, and they lost out as a consequence.

£1,000,000 AND new premises? Sounds like a bloody good deal to me.

I could not agree with you more, absolute madness to reject what they were offered in my opinion. Also, I understand it was substantially more than all the other businesses were offered that are having to relocate.

The £500k compensation they have now had to accept, is going to be completely swallowed-up by the legal fees they are now liable for and they still have to find new premises.

I'm sure their accountant, bank manager and creditors have been having nightmares ever since the ruling.

Last edited:
I could not agree with you more, absolute madness to reject what they were offered, and I understand it was substantially more than all the other businesses that have had to relocate.

Sound like they have been receiving bad advice to me. Guess they didn't factor certain elements in the deal.
:levystare:

Back
Top Bottom