New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's quite unbelievable that they won't give the go-ahead to safe standing when it's proved to be completely safe everywhere else. It's really such a shame. I've been standing at a standing section at my local club so many times and with the guard rails in place there's never even anything remotely a scary or dangerous about it.

Three words explain it all.

Hillsborough Support Group.

Three words explain it all.

Hillsborough Support Group.

Its crazy isnt it.....should we ban flying because a victims group from a flight, 30 years ago think its dangerous.

The world cant set its foundations out like that. Standing per se wasnt the problem....they themselves fought for decades to prove the endless chain of circumstances and incompetence that caused the disaster. So was it the police and fences or was it just the fact that they were standing?

Its a touchy subject, but emotion aside, what place do their opinions have in terms of modern architecture.

I wonder how many Liverpool fans would be ok with Safe Standing in The Kop. Id say most, they stand anyway, in front of seats designed to be sat on. Far more dangerous.

just got an email from NFL offering season tickets for the next lot of Wembley games. Had the following in it:

Priority access to renew the same seats in future years as well as be at the front of the queue for tickets in 2018, when the NFL makes its debut at the new White Hart Lane stadium

Didn't realise NFL would be there straight away. Also made the opening seem a lot sooner for some reason!

just got an email from NFL offering season tickets for the next lot of Wembley games. Had the following in it:

Priority access to renew the same seats in future years as well as be at the front of the queue for tickets in 2018, when the NFL makes its debut at the new White Hart Lane stadium

Didn't realise NFL would be there straight away. Also made the opening seem a lot sooner for some reason!

Interesting that they call it, "the New White Hart Lane Stadium." Sounds like a winner to me.

Talking of stadiums, this...

Looks like a soviet era monstrosity. Also get the impression not only is it a vanity project it doesn't feel like it's being future proofed for being anything other than a football stadium.

How much Lego will they need to make that?

Hmmm...

u2UBI30.png

Same architect.

i think at Celtic its 1 for 1 but at dortmund you can 1.5 persons for the same seat space
Dortmund is 1.25, the yellow wall is 20k seated compared to 25k standing. That's pretty impressive when you consider that the Holte end held 28k at it's peak.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom