New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmmm...

u2UBI30.png

Same architect.
How do the players get from the tunnel onto the pitch? Zip wire?

is it just me or has the actual concrete laying of columns and floors to the new stadium slowed since xmas?
The whole site shut down for Christmas. Also I think they are about done with the concrete. They are at approximately half the height of the stadium, which should mean the rest of the construction will be of steel.

Blimey, I sound like an SSC nerd.

The whole site shut down for Christmas. Also I think they are about done with the concrete. They are at approximately half the height of the stadium, which should mean the rest of the construction will be of steel.

Blimey, I sound like an SSC nerd.
i'm sure there's still another level of concrete to go in the east and west sides to catch up with the north stand

I heard it used to kick off in The Kop from people pissing where they stood
It was common place in the shelf. Never remember it kicking off though. The back of the shelf was also a urinal trough. Wembley stairs were like traversing a cascade of piss. The stink too. I also recall feeling the end move under your feet, like bend with the weight. First time I went there it scared me a bit, thought it was going to collapse.

Its crazy isnt it.....should we ban flying because a victims group from a flight, 30 years ago think its dangerous.

The world cant set its foundations out like that. Standing per se wasnt the problem....they themselves fought for decades to prove the endless chain of circumstances and incompetence that caused the disaster. So was it the police and fences or was it just the fact that they were standing?

Its a touchy subject, but emotion aside, what place do their opinions have in terms of modern architecture.

I wonder how many Liverpool fans would be ok with Safe Standing in The Kop. Id say most, they stand anyway, in front of seats designed to be sat on. Far more dangerous.
To be fair their are some hillsborough relatives/campaigners who are all for safe standing.
I recal a few of them saying it.
One said that their dead son would abhor seating as he loved to stand.
It could have happened to us in 81' yet the climate when they played was after heysel, Bradford, and other hooligan incidents and thatcher was at war with fans.
They had orders from the top not to open the gates and let them on the pitch, that's basically it.
A few years earlier they did.
It was an accident waiting to happen and it just so happened to be them.
I can't remember smoking being banned after Bradford fire.

I find it odd that people think Levy wouldn't sanction a striker, when he quite happily bought 5 cranes just because they couldn't loan any

I have blatantly stolen this from somewhere on the Internet, but I cannot find the original source, so am gonna post it myself:

If THFC do not set up a gourmet food section in the new stadium where you can get some chicken curry with naan bread and call it "Dele Alli's Delhi Alley Deli" then they'll have missed a trick and ought to be fired.

Back
Top Bottom