New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The report from a public inquiry led by planning inspector David Nicholson last March - handed to Mr Pickles but never published - argues the local community won’t benefit enough from Spurs’ £450million redevelopment of the site to justify forcing family business Archway Sheet Metal Works off its land.

So the local community won't benefit from an extra 20k supporters every other week spending money in the community. this inspector needs to take his head out of his arse and get real, wot a prize twat.
What a utter cunt

Let's not go through the pretence that Mr Archway doesn't want to leave. Oh he does. But with as much cash as feasibly possible. Hardly surprising that he turned down Spurs offer of money plus new premises, you can bet your bottom dollar that he'll wind up Archway Steel and retire to Cyprus on the back of whatever he screws out of Levy/Haringey. Archway Steel will be no more after this is over. That's my take on it.

I've said it a few times now. Fuck Tottenham off and move to Enfield.
The only thing I'd miss is the pubs.
No no and no. Our dna Is tottenham. Me, my dad, my brother, our sons and friends have all made the trek to n17. Give up on n17 and a little bit of spurs dies. Even though personally enfield is easer we should never give up on our tottenham.

Last edited:
my 96 year old grandma has more energy than enfield, i hate going back there. it's just so.. dire.

but that just would a classic spurs move. relocate just when tottenham is about to move a notch above shithole :chadliblow:

i know it feels like spurs are having to put the community on their backs, and don't get me started on haringey council--but i can't see myself being happy with any move away from n17 or its immediate surroundings.

The report from a public inquiry led by planning inspector David Nicholson last March - handed to Mr Pickles but never published - argues the local community won’t benefit enough from Spurs’ £450million redevelopment of the site to justify forcing family business Archway Sheet Metal Works off its land.

So the local community won't benefit from an extra 20k supporters every other week spending money in the community. this inspector needs to take his head out of his arse and get real, wot a prize twat.

The basis of the Inspectors comments was mainly based on the lack of affordable housing - but Levy had published in January 2014 to add 100 units of affordable housing (and nowhere in the published report is that Spurs are partnering with Newlon to build the new 'Brook Hoiuse' with 230 flats - which are 100% not commercial private flats - and a school on the foirmer Cannon Rubber Plant plus several other smaller property construction projects) and that we had been let off some of the contribution to local infrastructure costs. Both points Pickles dealt with in his letter agreeing the CPO. I'd suggest the Inspector looked at his riule book rather than saying - largest employer in town (500 extra on matchdays alone) needs a new stadium to contiunue to be viable - so no stadium and Spurs fail as a business = employment in Tottenham will crash & less visitoirs = disaster for local ecomomy rather than looking forward and saying 'new stadium = more jobs and more money in local economy, where do I sign off the CPO'.

Did it, I didn't know that. Maybe that's why I can't find it.

Well considering the new stadium is way more important than any business we do this transfer window, I think there should be a thread on it :)
Now you're asking for trouble. With the way the TV money is going up it dwarfs the extra income that a new stadium would bring in. We have to be a top 3-6 side going into the new ground. In fact if the money keeps going up at the same rate, there won't be any need to have a new ground, other than prestige, which is fine as well.

Now you're asking for trouble. With the way the TV money is going up it dwarfs the extra income that a new stadium would bring in. We have to be a top 3-6 side going into the new ground. In fact if the money keeps going up at the same rate, there won't be any need to have a new ground, other than prestige, which is fine as well.

Aren't there something like 20,000 people on a waiting list to get season tickets? Unless they have the ability to vastly expand the capacity at WHL (as much as it pains me to see it go), I totally understand this happening. I'm thinking about this too, 40 years from now the new stadium will hold just as much significance to the young generation has the Lane holds to us right now.

Aren't there something like 20,000 people on a waiting list to get season tickets? Unless they have the ability to vastly expand the capacity at WHL (as much as it pains me to see it go), I totally understand this happening. I'm thinking about this too, 40 years from now the new stadium will hold just as much significance to the young generation has the Lane holds to us right now.
The waiting list is a myth. Many people who are doing a weekend involving Spurs just buy a membership to be able to buy a ticket, and never use it again. The club knows this and encourages it. For example; Liverpool and QPR both went to general sale. Going back a few years, Liverpool at home would never have gone to GS.. Build the new stadium by all means, but don't expect to fill it up unless they do something about prices.

Totally agree. & if we can afford a stadium we may not fill... I am laughing hysterically at the spammers. Gold et al will need to fill it with dildos. Err. Oh wait. Their current ground meets their needs.

Don't agree with that Joe. Are your forgetting the power of the corporate pound? Check out Woolwich's match day revenue then ours. The difference is massive. It's true we won't get as much as Woolwich even if our capacity is the same, but we can go some way to catching them up. There is also the vital aspect of getting new non-corporate fans in. The increased capacity allows that too. I stand by what I say the new stadium is way more important than any transfer business we do this summer. The only way we're going to become a top 3 to 6 side is with a new ground. Currently we're a top 5-6 side, we might just pinch a 4th place once in the next three years, but we're just as likely to get 7th. Top 3, don't see it at our current ground, without new owners anyway.

Don't agree with that Joe. Are your forgetting the power of the corporate pound? Check out Woolwich's match day revenue then ours. The difference is massive. It's true we won't get as much as Woolwich even if our capacity is the same, but we can go some way to catching them up. There is also the vital aspect of getting new non-corporate fans in. The increased capacity allows that too. I stand by what I say the new stadium is way more important than any transfer business we do this summer. The only way we're going to become a top 3 to 6 side is with a new ground. Currently we're a top 5-6 side, we might just pinch a 4th place once in the next three years, but we're just as likely to get 7th. Top 3, don't see it at our current ground, without new owners anyway.

The new stadium is going to cost half a billion pounds. We currently break even, give or take a few million. How do you think that new expenditure is going to impact on a team that is struggling to keep pace with the top 4?

If I was the owner of the Archway business and saw how Tottenham have poured money down the drain on Rebrov, Bentley, Jenas etc etc, I'd feel justified in squeezing as much out of the club as possible.

I expect it would be exactly the same if the situation was reversed and Archway were trying to buy land from Tottenham. I can't see Daniel L doing that on the cheap!

If I was the owner of the Archway business and saw how Tottenham have poured money down the drain on Rebrov, Bentley, Jenas etc etc, I'd feel justified in squeezing as much out of the club as possible.

I expect it would be exactly the same if the situation was reversed and Archway were trying to buy land from Tottenham. I can't see Daniel L doing that on the cheap!

That is pretty much what they tried to do as I understand it, they tried to hold out for £10m but were told they were being silly so ended up with a packet of beef monster munch and a free redirection on their mail.

The new stadium is going to cost half a billion pounds. We currently break even, give or take a few million. How do you think that new expenditure is going to impact on a team that is struggling to keep pace with the top 4?
We are selling Dawson and Chiriches for 300mil each. Were gona get that stadium and with the leftover money we will use genetically modified tiny tulips as 'grass' on our field thaht can change color. Every time a player spits on the pitch a tiny Woolwich badge will appear on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom