New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone know how much of the concrete is precast vs cast in place? I did concrete work for 10 years and would shudder to think of having to do all of that cast in place.
Essentially the entirety of the cores were cast in place (so all the walls of the six main structures) plus the slabs/floors, whilst all of the rakers, terraces and vomitory walls were precast.

There was a question over whether the rakers for the South end of the East stand (which couldn't be put into place in sequence due to the old Paxton being in the way) would be cast in place, as the overhanging tier would get in the way of installing a precast unit. But, we're still to see on that one I think; I would be surprised if they weren't precast though.

It could pass for the Emirates.

2MHfF0B.png

2vqRLxt.png
It most certainly couldn't - Emirates has a floating / lifted roof canopy

emirates1.jpg

469px-Visita_a_las_obras_del_Wanda_Metropolitano%2C_futuro_estadio_del_Atl%C3%A9tico_-_36358485180.jpg

.....But Shad Khan is quite literally an American citizen....of Pakistani birth....who has numerous times stated he has no intention of leaving Jacksonville....he's none of the things you say.

giphy.gif
In hindsight I should have taken 10 seconds on google before posting, I was parroting what some guy on a bus told me and that's a dumb thing to do. Although he does own Fulham and the Jaguars do play in London what feels like every fucking year.

The NFL has started to experience serious declines in revenue thanks to a variety of factors

And because it is boring as fuck live. I went to one of my local NFL team's games once. The tailgating before was fun but the stadium experience was dreadful. We were so high up you'd have needed binoculars to see the play. The crowd were so uninterested, they had to pipe fake crowd sounds through the speakers (be thankful it stopped at a drum for Spurs!). Beer was shit and expensive. Food, drab. Tickets 80 bucks. Some of our group stayed at the tailgating during the game. I wish I had. Thanks, but no thanks NFL.

In hindsight I should have taken 10 seconds on google before posting, I was parroting what some guy on a bus told me and that's a dumb thing to do. Although he does own Fulham and the Jaguars do play in London what feels like every fucking year.

It's cool, it's just one of the things that really grates on me because I've heard that line numerous times despite the fact that Khan is very much the embodiment of what we constantly claim America is all about. Immigrated from Pakistan as a teenager, studied industrial engineering at UIUC while working his way through college, had a successful startup a few years after college and bought the company he originally worked for and built them into a multibillion dollar manufacturing conglomerate. He is absolutely the kind of shining example of a self-made successful American citizen we should be showing to our children and speaking of with pride...and yet most Americans think he's some British/Indian aristocrat who bought an NFL team to move it to London.

Wembley pitch looks trash tonight so Im glad we have a retractable pitch for NFL.
Cant wait til the new ground is built.

Was told by a Chelsea fan that they will be there for THREE years at that crap hole....made me feel a whole lot better

Wembley pitch looks trash tonight so Im glad we have a retractable pitch for NFL.
Cant wait til the new ground is built.

Was told by a Chelsea fan that they will be there for THREE years at that crap hole....made me feel a whole lot better

Fuck that, one month has been bad enough.

It's not even just the ground, it's the stupid 1 hour pre game curfew, lack of decent pubs after, the scrum for the train

Fuck that, one month has been bad enough.

It's not even just the ground, it's the stupid 1 hour pre game curfew, lack of decent pubs after, the scrum for the train

Yeah but it does take me 2 hours less in travelling time, so you know, swings, roundabouts and shit...

It's a shithole but a convenient shithole nonetheless.....

The rust is only surface deep and will cease when the building is watertight.
It will also require fire protection, probably an Intumescent Coating or similar which will seal the exposed steel.

Thanks, my limited experience with rust is that it spreads and once it's there it's virtually impossible to get rid of and stop. Mind you, my experience is with cars which are obviously more exposed to moisture and salt than the stadium will be.

Thanks, my limited experience with rust is that it spreads and once it's there it's virtually impossible to get rid of and stop. Mind you, my experience is with cars which are obviously more exposed to moisture and salt than the stadium will be.
Also dealing with far thinner sections in an auto body/frame. Steel in buildings is far more resilient - basically if it's powdery on the top you're looking at surface rust whose impact to integrity is virtually nil. When you see flakey rust they you're losing actual steel mass and impacting integrity. Steel usually arrives to the job with surface rust, because you'll be welding/bolting connections to it in the field so any sort of coating will be an issue.

About to start work on a forensic remediation on a project involving the latter...word came down today and I had to hide my chubby. :kaneshh:

Not sure if it's been covered but the wheels get rolled out on some railing it seems. Where do these railings go when the NFL pitch is in use. They seem like they are part of the ground which would definitely be an issue for the middle part of the pitch. The only thing I can think of is that the railings the wheels are on are temporary railings. Does anyone have a clue regarding this?

Not sure if it's been covered but the wheels get rolled out on some railing it seems. Where do these railings go when the NFL pitch is in use. They seem like they are part of the ground which would definitely be an issue for the middle part of the pitch. The only thing I can think of is that the railings the wheels are on are temporary railings. Does anyone have a clue regarding this?
They're hidden under the nfl field per that demo video pages back. They'll have some astroturf panels to cover them up when the field is rolled back for the nfl.

Will that not effect the playing conditions of the NFL pitch? Seems a bit risky I can only imagine they must be pretty deep and that the NFL pitch squeezes together like the pitch above it will
Most NFL stadiums have removable astroturf fields now that are only put down for games. If they can fit natural living turf and soil together without seams, I'm sure doing the same with astroturf will be much simpler.

At the end of the day player safety really isn't a true concern of the NFL, if it was they'd pull the pads off and maybe save some of these players' lives.

Back
Top Bottom