New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Going down to see the new stadium for the first time tomorrow. One thing I'll miss about WHL that the new stadium doesn't seem to be getting are the cockerels. I'd love to see two modern cockerels made and stuck up on the East and West stands, really take some of the old WHL charm with us.

A couple like this blokes made would be beaut:

Twitter

Tottenham Hotspur Statue

Does anyone know if there's plans in place or if the roof would actually be able to have them on? If so the club should 100% be sticking two shiny new bad boys, gold preferably but if Levy fancies a bit of colour coordination to go with the new gaff silver with navy trim I'd be able to stomach! Make it happen Daniel!

Last edited:
Going down to see the new stadium for the first time tomorrow. One thing I'll miss about WHL that the new stadium doesn't seem to be getting are the cockerels. I'd love to see two modern cockerels made and stuck up on the East and West stands, really take some of the old WHL charm with us.

A couple like this blokes made would be beaut:

Twitter

Tottenham Hotspur Statue

Does anyone know if there's plans in place or if the roof would actually be able to have them on? If so the club should 100% be sticking two shiny new bad boys, gold preferably but if Levy fancies a bit of colour coordination to go with the new gaff silver with navy trim I'd be able to stomach! Make it happen Daniel!

We should use the old ones at the tunnel entrance

It's probably a lot cheaper to buy land and build things in Madrid than it is in London. Spain's property market has kind of gone to shit in the last decade.

The stadium structure was already there before Atleti got hold of it. Hence it costing a lot less, think the OS and it refubishment to a football stadium. Except it’s been done properly and doesn’t have to retain an athletics legacy.

From a survey just sent out to ST holders. Nice to see this being explicitly mentioned.
62DAx6h.png

On some of the images I have seen there is a noticeable step in the stadium below the level of the entrance gangways.

skysports-tottenham-club-seats-tunnel-3873847-1.jpg

So people standing won't be a massive issue.
Sounds like they are actually installing the frame of rail seats if there's metal bar there.

Fingers crossed......

Anyone know how much of the concrete is precast vs cast in place? I did concrete work for 10 years and would shudder to think of having to do all of that cast in place.
Well the whole stadium, except the south, was cast upwards. Then still work added for the uppermost tiers.
All the rakers were either pre cast or steel.
The terracing is all pre cast and most stairs and support beams.
All the stairs outside were cast.
They are casting the floors of the south stand and the remaining east. And of course the pitch.

I’d say it could be 50/50

Back
Top Bottom