New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Been looking at the photos and couldn't help but notice the gap between each seat at the new gaff. It looks like they'd be enough space to fit more seats in, a rather substantial amount if they had designed it where they were stuck closer together. There must be a justified reason but I'm surprised that the design hasn't allowed for this to happen as I can't see there being any benefit apart from a little extra space in what already seem pretty large seats compared to our last ones.

Anyone got any info on this at all?

At a guess...? A capacity maximum was maybe set by the council? No point squeezing 80,000 in if the local infrastructure can't cope with it.

At a guess...? A capacity maximum was maybe set by the council? No point squeezing 80,000 in if the local infrastructure can't cope with it.

It had trouble coping with 36,000 so I've no idea what's going to happen with 62,000. I assume that the no parking zone has been extended to the A406?

Been looking at the photos and couldn't help but notice the gap between each seat at the new gaff. It looks like they'd be enough space to fit more seats in, a rather substantial amount if they had designed it where they were stuck closer together. There must be a justified reason but I'm surprised that the design hasn't allowed for this to happen as I can't see there being any benefit apart from a little extra space in what already seem pretty large seats compared to our last ones.

Anyone got any info on this at all?

Think those are just the modern standards for stadiums - it does make the fact that stadiums like Selhurst Park are still okay to be Premier League grounds ridiculous though.

Does anyone have a decent guess when mere mortal non ST holders will be able to buy tickets for the league?

I wanna get down early on in the season for a match but it's been a while since I visited the Lane so no idea how hard it used to be to get general release tickets, and obviously double that now it's a new ground.

Does anyone have a decent guess when mere mortal non ST holders will be able to buy tickets for the league?

I wanna get down early on in the season for a match but it's been a while since I visited the Lane so no idea how hard it used to be to get general release tickets, and obviously double that now it's a new ground.
You'll most likely need the paid membership. Might be worth going to cup games on general sale

Watched the England game in the Antwerp on Sat. There were four sparkies in their who are working on the stadium. Two Scots, One Geordie and a local lad from Edmonton who is a spurs fan. They reckon it will be ready on time. They also stressed that the inside of the stadium is amazing and that it was very futuristic. They also said the retractable pick is epic. Positive signs.

Watched the England game in the Antwerp on Sat. There were four sparkies in their who are working on the stadium. Two Scots, One Geordie and a local lad from Edmonton who is a spurs fan. They reckon it will be ready on time. They also stressed that the inside of the stadium is amazing and that it was very futuristic. They also said the retractable pick is epic. Positive signs.

Wasn’t their a story about the Crossrail being delayed because we had used so many of the sparkies for our place.

Have they started ripping out those 15,000 seats yet? :levyeyes:

A couple of days ago you could see them removing some seats from the east stand (NE corner), but those have all been replaced.

Also: I heard that 15,000 we’re wrongly produced, but that not all of them had been installed yet, so this issue could be easily fixed already

Back
Top Bottom