New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the screens are the only disappointment. How could they have not realised they would be obscured? Thing is you will most likely need them if you are sitting at the back but you wont be able to see half of them! Would be pissed off if I was Levy and asking questions about why it's like that! easy today with 3d to do a render and look at things from every angle first.
They'll just have to watch the game really closely then...

There's still loads of stadiums that don't even have screens. There's none at Old Trafford that I've ever noticed, so those in the back rows there have to manage the old fashioned way - by just watching what's happening on the pitch in front of them

the screens are the only disappointment. How could they have not realised they would be obscured? Thing is you will most likely need them if you are sitting at the back but you wont be able to see half of them! Would be pissed off if I was Levy and asking questions about why it's like that! easy today with 3d to do a render and look at things from every angle first.
The thing is, every seat should have a choice of at least 3 screens to look at. One, maybe two might be obscured by the roof but hopefully there'll still be at least one visible from every seat

There's still loads of stadiums that don't even have screens. There's none at Old Trafford that I've ever noticed, so those in the back rows there have to manage the old fashioned way - by just watching what's happening on the pitch in front of them
Yep, can't stand screens at a Stadium anyway, they have a tendency to takeover and orchestrate the proceedings *which is why they are there, sell you shit from AIA and the rest of our sponsors. Used also for the selfie brigade obsessed with themselves tweeting cringe shit about Spurs so their tweet and picture gets put up on the big screen that no-one else gives a shit about because they don't give a fuck about Dave from Essex hand knitted cunting scarf.

Yep, can't stand screens at a Stadium anyway, they have a tendency to takeover and orchestrate the proceedings *which is why they are there, sell you shit from AIA and the rest of our sponsors. Used also for the selfie brigade obsessed with themselves tweeting cringe shit about Spurs so their tweet and picture gets put up on the big screen that no-one else gives a shit about because they don't give a fuck about Dave from Essex hand knitted cunting scarf.
Completely agree about the promotional shit they use them for, but I do like them for replays and for half-time highlights

FWIW when at the stadium I don't watch the screens but I don't think any sane person could argue it enhances the experience especially if you did miss something. Sounds weird but I find myself watching players off the ball when at a game to see how they react to what is going on, can sometimes miss things when doing that. Both my parents are old, it's easy for them to miss stuff, again the screens are good for them. I'm sure it's not awful just seems a bit of a flaw to have them obscured. I just hope this was known and a decision was made it's didn't really matter.

Will just have to wait and see. Whatever happens the stadium will simply be amazing

Completely agree about the promotional shit they use them for, but I do like them for replays and for half-time highlights
We all look at a reply, I get that, I do, but it also has you take your eye off what's going on the pitch IMO, ultimately a distraction.

One thing I'll openly admit to loving is "our" Video played just before teams walkout (the Roger Lloyd-Pack narrated one). No matter how many times I see that, it gives me goose bumps, only for all the emotion it has built up in me to dissipate when Star Wars gets blasted out, not a fan of that "ready or Not" thing too, would rather it all be left to the fans to make the noise.

FWIW when at the stadium I don't watch the screens but I don't think any sane person could argue it enhances the experience especially if you did miss something. Sounds weird but I find myself watching players off the ball when at a game to see how they react to what is going on, can sometimes miss things when doing that.

I'm much the same, it's a reason I hate watching football on tv. I like to watch what players are doing off the ball and the overall shape of the team.
My main gripe is showing a useless replay when the ball is back in play, I'm paying you to show the game not some cunt in the crowd.

Now that's a lot more tidy...
image.php

This place is very Tottenham. Blue and White everywhere, I love the effect that the concrete used in the bowl is almost white and of course navy fucking blue seats for the first time ever!! Cockerels and slogans on display outside are also very permanent, part of the building, not stuck-on afterthoughts like the scum up the road. The old place had non of this with it's Chelsea blue seats, nothing on the outside of the stadium at all, brown frontage glass etc.. only until fairly recently did they paint the lower part of the East Stand with navy paint and that was to probably hide the fact that it was crumbling.

Only a couple of details left for me, a cockerel located on the roof (hopefully on the protruding skywalk bit, which would surpass the East & West cockles of the old place IMO) and then what to do with losing Bill Nicholson Way, I guess this is where the Gates come in and where they are placed????

You will be able to clearly see one of the 4 screens from every seat - you may just have to look to your left or right rather than straight ahead.

FWIW when at the stadium I don't watch the screens but I don't think any sane person could argue it enhances the experience especially if you did miss something. Sounds weird but I find myself watching players off the ball when at a game to see how they react to what is going on, can sometimes miss things when doing that. Both my parents are old, it's easy for them to miss stuff, again the screens are good for them. I'm sure it's not awful just seems a bit of a flaw to have them obscured. I just hope this was known and a decision was made it's didn't really matter.

Will just have to wait and see. Whatever happens the stadium will simply be amazing
@kuntsy WTF is there to disagree with? For those people who miss a goal, whether that's a parent tending to a child, an older person who struggles keeping up, is it not a good thing they don't miss a beat? Weirdo

Back
Top Bottom