New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ulgN21F.jpg

mpt9PjU.jpg

mIpzIZd.jpg

fYS3uTA.jpg

QWfkSsi.jpg

6ZxXyQn.jpg
Can't wait to hear Chris Colwin's next video: "and here we have the largest cat litter trays in the world".

Last edited:
But the base will just be one big pile of sand right?
Yes, but I doubt it is delaying anything. I believe the crane is already disassembled at this point so they can remove the cover and push the trays out. The pitch is likely not the critical path at this point - they could have it done in a couple weeks.

I thought there were restrictions on showing replays at matches in case it highlights ref errors and the crowd reacts. No VAR for premiership. Anyone know the rules?

Been looking at the photos and couldn't help but notice the gap between each seat at the new gaff. It looks like they'd be enough space to fit more seats in, a rather substantial amount if they had designed it where they were stuck closer together. There must be a justified reason but I'm surprised that the design hasn't allowed for this to happen as I can't see there being any benefit apart from a little extra space in what already seem pretty large seats compared to our last ones.

Anyone got any info on this at all?

Been looking at the photos and couldn't help but notice the gap between each seat at the new gaff. It looks like they'd be enough space to fit more seats in, a rather substantial amount if they had designed it where they were stuck closer together. There must be a justified reason but I'm surprised that the design hasn't allowed for this to happen as I can't see there being any benefit apart from a little extra space in what already seem pretty large seats compared to our last ones.

Anyone got any info on this at all?
Preparing for safe standing?

Preparing for safe standing?

Possibly but by the look of the pictures the gaps in between seats are throughout the whole stadium not just the lower South stand.

I'd also love to see one of the cockerels return to the South stand. It's the perfect place for it, where old WHL meets new and where our Bill Nicks ashes have been placed. The cockerel if possible deserves a place within the footballing realms of the new WHL, not just in a museum

So difficult to measure progress on the stadium when they are working on lots of areas at the same time.

But one 'milestone' is that I'd guess that they now have about 80% of the glass panels completed in the South Stand, and put in the damp proof membrane and concreted over so I'd guess the next stage is to lay the paving slabs to form the final walking surface.

Still a lot to do, but measureable progress on lots of areas - 70 days (over 2 months) to go before the first PL match here, and I'd guess the first couple of Test Events will only use West and North stands, allowing a little more time to finish South and East stands.

Back
Top Bottom