New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lot of comments on affect on fans but what about the team and club's chances of success. No doubt even though we got over the Wembley hoodoo, results were not as good as WHL. We did manage 3rd but this announcement will make it harder for the team. Not sure about the sale of tickets for Fulham but think the attendance could be well down. Liverpool maybe ok but Cardiff? Having to pay Wembley will affect the finances as will not getting any money from catering etc. Talk of asking for away matches in League cup which could mean we exit early.
Not just the fans that are affected.

The cup auto-buy scheme is for league cup and FA cup games. We don't join the FA Cup until January, so that's likely to be unaffected. The Carabao cup we join in R3, wc24/9. If we get an away draw first it's wc29/10 for the next round. So a good chance that even that won't be affected either.

As disappointing as yesterday's news was things could always be a lot, lot worse. Fingers crossed we only have a handful of games to endure at the soulless bowl that is Wembley. West Ham on the other hand have a further 97 years at that tinpot, scaffold dominated athletics cunthole in Stratford. Perspective .

Fuck you all and your Elvis cheese jokes...just spent ten minutes googling Elvis songs with cheese in title.
:dembelefingers:
Don't forget we also have artisan beer room...
It's Ale-ways on my mind and giving me the beach boy brews.
:dierno:
Am here all week...

Haha! So did I. Here's a picture of one on wikipedia. Note the author's description (emphasis mine):

Picture of a Luther Burger and fries I made at home. It is comprised of lean beef, beef bacon, swiss cheese and a grilled Krispy Kreme doughnut.​

1280px-Perfect_luther_burger.JPG
giphy.gif

As disappointing as yesterday's news was things could always be a lot, lot worse. Fingers crossed we only have a handful of games to endure at the soulless bowl that is Wembley. West Ham on the other hand have a further 97 years at that tinpot, scaffold dominated athletics cunthole in Stratford. Perspective .

Unpopular opinion alert, but for me, the best case scenario from both a Spurs perspective and a London perspective would have been to have Spurs and West Ham groundshare (and likely co-own) at an enormous, say 85k or even more, stadium in Stratford which was created by a pre-purposed digging out of the running track a la what was done with the City of Manchester Stadium, as the centerpiece of a national sports complex, including a stadium development of the warm-up athletics track as the "athletics legacy" of the games.

A stadium where the club's matchday revenue would be tied to ambition in attracting the maximum number of supporters to attend matches rather than how many bells and whistles the club could dazzle plutocrats with.

Best of all would be doing that at a Spurs-only venue in Tottenham, somewhere where the public transportation links could make that feasible, but that was never possible. It was possible as part of the Olympics development, and the shambles for spammers and London taxpayers could have been avoided, with Spurs benefitting in a way more material than just schadenfreude.

(I'm American, I've only ever been to WHL as a tourist, guilty as charged.)

Unpopular opinion alert, but for me, the best case scenario from both a Spurs perspective and a London perspective would have been to have Spurs and West Ham groundshare (and likely co-own) at an enormous, say 85k or even more, stadium in Stratford which was created by a pre-purposed digging out of the running track a la what was done with the City of Manchester Stadium, as the centerpiece of a national sports complex, including a stadium development of the warm-up athletics track as the "athletics legacy" of the games.

A stadium where the club's matchday revenue would be tied to ambition in attracting the maximum number of supporters to attend matches rather than how many bells and whistles the club could dazzle plutocrats with.

Best of all would be doing that at a Spurs-only venue in Tottenham, somewhere where the public transportation links could make that feasible, but that was never possible. It was possible as part of the Olympics development, and the shambles for spammers and London taxpayers could have been avoided, with Spurs benefitting in a way more material than just schadenfreude.

If we had moved to Stratford it would have died for me.
Where we come from is a huge part of who we are. Take that away and all you have is franchise.
Sorry, but I could never support moving away from N17,let alone into the wilds of ancient Essex.
And as for sharing with West ham.....

Last edited:
Haha! So did I. Here's a picture of one on wikipedia. Note the author's description (emphasis mine):

Picture of a Luther Burger and fries I made at home. It is comprised of lean beef, beef bacon, swiss cheese and a grilled Krispy Kreme doughnut.​

1280px-Perfect_luther_burger.JPG
Looks bloody lean to me!

If we had moved to Stratford it would have died for me.
Where we come from is a huge part of who we are. Take that away and all you have is franchise.
Sorry, but I could never support moving away from N17,let alone into the wilds of ancient Essex.
And as for sharing with West ham.....

Ha, having caught the Spurs bug from my relatives in Essex, I guess I have a slightly different perspective.

And if you think we wouldn't all be beside ourselves with joy doubling West Ham's attendance figures in the same massive facility every week, I think you're fooling yourself. Plus, double occupancy is the best bang for the buck in a publicly built facility.

Fuck no. A million times no. Just. NO.
:avbnaa:

Ha ha fucking brilliant,couldn't agree more COYS

I'm trying to avoid clicking the Disagree button on this forum...but my word you made it hard there.

Share a ground with the Claret Scum? Hang your head sir.

Ha, having caught the Spurs bug from my relatives in Essex, I guess I have a slightly different perspective.

And if you think we wouldn't all be beside ourselves with joy doubling West Ham's attendance figures in the same massive facility every week, I think you're fooling yourself. Plus, double occupancy is the best bang for the buck in a publicly built facility.

I get what you're saying but Tottenham should be in Tottenham. I know Levy tried for Stratford which was a first real danger sign of him in charge but fair play to him he did keep us exactly where the club should be. Regardless of what happens from here on in he kept the club and as much of its previous magic intact and I'm grateful for that. Spurs not being based on the high road where I remember my earliest memories walking up there as a kid would have just felt like the guts had been ripped out of it. The area plays a huge part in what I identify as being my club

Can't see the first home game being Man City on Oct 28th as there are two away games and an international break before the next homer against Chelscum on Nov 24. That would give them another month to get everything sorted which they'd be mad to pass up.

To be honest, I think I'd love the first home game to be against those cunts rather than City where a defeat is likely. Getting well ahead of myself I realise

Back
Top Bottom