New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Awful kits, bungled transfer window and now stadium delays. 2018-19 season we’re winning the league for sure

It's a bit like that "hotels.com" advert, where the woman that got a free night has all kinds of accidents but keeps saying she's still winning. Appropriately they were recently announced as Spurs travel partner.

You need to get on a Luther Burger.

Just googled luther burger

giphy.gif

Secondly the club trying to flog autopay games for cup games midweek last week when people would have had an inkling something weren't right. That to me comes across as a possible last minute attempt to use the new stadium as a money grabber. There's no way a multi billion pound operationnlike Spurs can be posting things to fans saying quick, get your tickets for the biggest season to date at our shiny new home whilst stocks last only to say a few days later that there's a chance, in fact it's near on definite we'll be playing those cup games without the Unique selling point we reeled you in with in the first place. I'm not sure if cash refunds are being made for these like the league games so we'll see.

I might be wrong but I don't think auto-pay will / can be used for any games away from the new stadium.

The auto-pay function is the season ticket holder saying they want to take up the option on their season ticket for every cup game - no season ticket is relevant at Wembley, so which seat would you be buying?...

Morning all. Would love to take my son to the Liverpool game at Wembley. Not a STH or registered at all with Spurs so is it feasible to get a couple of tickets, and if so can you advise the best way to do it? We'd be coming from the North East just for the game so can't book anything until I know tickets are available etc.

Thanks for any advice (apart from eff off and stay in the north).

I might be wrong but I don't think auto-pay will / can be used for any games away from the new stadium.

The auto-pay function is the season ticket holder saying they want to take up the option on their season ticket for every cup game - no season ticket is relevant at Wembley, so which seat would you be buying?...
Exactly. If season tickets don't cover games at Wembley then how can the Autopay scheme apply to games there?

I saw a message that the club sent out to fans last week saying that fans could get cup games purchased with the words new venue used to add weight behind the sales pitch when the club clearly knew it wasn't going to be practical to play these games at the venue when the message was sent. That's where I'm coming from with my irritation on it. That's a few times this summer the club have tried selling something whilst pushing false pretences as USP leverage. I don't like it, something stinks about them doing so and I'd prefer to see them adopt an approach that left things ajar for the games to be played at Wembley throughout this whole process from Season Ticket sales to the offers regarding cup game options. They were too gung ho that it would definitely happen

Back
Top Bottom