New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where does "thievery" come into it?

Afternoon pal. I think the club are thieving the fans a bit on two fronts. Firstly holding the test event 10 days ago now yet this news is just hitting them on the first business day after the season starts after refunds are void. I think if the test day was done a week before the season starts that's either sufficient enough time to feedback to the club that there is a red flag or that the test day should have been run a couple of days earlier thus ensuring feedback was available for the club to notify fans before the refund offer came into expiration. Offering credit or refunds on the individual matches is both necessary and a token gesture as I'm sure there would have been a couple of people here &a there that would have took up the option of a refund should that have at least been an option made available to them. The fact this info wasn't made common knowledge before that date kicked in raises concerns for me.

Secondly the club trying to flog autopay games for cup games midweek last week when people would have had an inkling something weren't right. That to me comes across as a possible last minute attempt to use the new stadium as a money grabber. There's no way a multi billion pound operationnlike Spurs can be posting things to fans saying quick, get your tickets for the biggest season to date at our shiny new home whilst stocks last only to say a few days later that there's a chance, in fact it's near on definite we'll be playing those cup games without the Unique selling point we reeled you in with in the first place. I'm not sure if cash refunds are being made for these like the league games so we'll see.

Levy went out of his way to thank the NFL in his statement, I didn't see the same wording towards the clubs fans even though we were the ones that made the trip to Wembley every other weekend last season. He merely highlighted that he understood the disappointment and asked for our patience and support. No thanks given.

I could be wrong but there's just a few things that I look at that I think the club should have done better in all of this. It's either pure coincidence or it's been a way of safeguarding the club by not releasing info at certain times that would have exposed them financially yet rightly so. Something dont quite add up for me but if the club react positively after this disappointing news with help reimbursing travelling fans & by offering reduced ticket prices for those Wembley games to truly show their apologies (which we still haven't got yet by the way) then I'll be open minded about the possibility I overreacted. I'm watching the club closely at the moment, especially if that email from Cullen to the bloke travelling from NYC is real. My sourness started with their choice of what to do with club 1882 and four or five things at boardroom level are starting to raise alarm bells with their failure to rectify them, in my book, accordingly. We'll see how it goes but if there's one thing I really don't like seeing it's the club try to fleece its fans which seems to be possibly the case with the timing of things over the past week or so

Last edited:
Afternoon pal. I think the club are thieving the fans a bit on two fronts. Firstly holding the test event 10 days ago now yet this news is just hitting them on the first business day after the season starts after refunds are void. I think if the test day was done a week before the season starts that's either sufficient enough time to feedback to the club that there is a red flag or that the test day should have been run a couple of days earlier thus ensuring feedback was available for the club to notify fans before the refund offer came into expiration. Offering credit or refunds on the individual matches is both necessary and a token gesture as I'm sure there would have been a couple of people here &a there that would have took up the option of a refund should that have at least been an option made available to them. The fact this info wasn't made common knowledge before that date kicked in raises concerns for me.

Secondly the club trying to flog autopay games for cup games midweek last week when people would have had an inkling something weren't right. That to me comes across as a possible last minute attempt to use the new stadium as a money grabber. There's no way a multi billion pound operationnlike Spurs can be posting things to fans saying quick, get your tickets for the biggest season to date at our shiny new home whilst stocks last only to say a few days later that there's a chance, in fact it's near on definite we'll be playing those cup games without the Unique selling point we reeled you in with in the first place. I'm not sure if cash refunds are being made for these like the league games so we'll see.

Levy went out of his way to thank the NFL in his statement, I didn't see the same wording towards the clubs fans even though we were the ones that made the trip to Wembley every other weekend last season. He merely highlighted that he understood the disappointment and asked for our patience and support. No thanks given.

I could be wrong but there's just a few things that I look at that I think the club should have done better in all of this. It's either pure coincidence or it's been a way of safeguarding the club by not releasing info at certain times that would have exposed them financially yet rightly so. Something dont quite add up for me but if the club react positively after this disappointing news with help reimbursing travelling fans & by offering reduced ticket prices for those Wembley games to truly show their apologies (which we still haven't got yet by the way) then I'll be open minded about the possibility I overreacted. I'm watching the club closely at the moment, especially if that email from Cullen to the bloke travelling from NYC is real. My sourness started with their choice of what to do with club 1882 and four or five things at boardroom level are starting to raise alarm bells with their failure to rectify them, in my book, accordingly. We'll see how it goes but if there's one thing I really don't like seeing it's the club try to fleece its fans which seems to be possibly the case with the timing of things over the past week or so
Didn't he die after eating 20 cheeseburgers? Or something...
On the toilet. Heart attack after eating burgers.

Back
Top Bottom