Newcastle (A) 15Jul - 6pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a bit of a strange feeling watching Spurs under Mourinho now.

It's hard to say we've played well. We haven't created much and defensively have not been great - Newcastle have had 3 great chances.

But for some reason I'm calm and it feels like everything is under control.

Nothing players like Sissoko is a prime example of why we are currently 10th and not 3rd.

Over the last 3 years, the more he got involved in the first team, the more rubbish we became.

Winks, Davies and Sanchez likewise.
We're 8th, not 10th, and if current results hold we're 7th, 1 point off 6th.

Certainly not the season we wanted, but jesus christ...can you at least be positive whilst we're winning a match in play? There's plenty of days between matches for the negative shit.

I would love to see us control the game. Would bring on Skipp and Ndombele for Sissoko and Winks. Go full 433 and put them under some pressure.

Ndombele is not available.

I would like to see Bergwijn and Skipp on for Winks and Sissoko and move to a 4-4-2.

Happy to be leading and the players are working hard, but we have to be more aggressive in the final third.

This game perfectly illustrates our problems, Kane is isolated up front but that’s because we are open as a barn door when we commit players high up the pitch, neither of our “holding” midfielders know what they are doing in those situations. We are terrible on transitions.

But, the goal came from us getting Kane, Gio and Son in the box together. We have to find a way to do that more without exposing our bum hole on the break. Let’s switch back to the 4411 from Sunday.

Apart from the goal we have created f all not acceptable. Has Kane had any chances. They should be ahead. We are losing. 60/40 challenges. Why are they more up for it or is it we have made easy for them. This standard Maureen tactics. GLC looks knackered. Sissoko offed nothing ! Only Lucas is putting in a shift. Freshen it up at HT but he won’t. His failed to makes changes in the other games and we are gonna pay for it. As I keep saying the players on the bench can’t do worse than the crap out there!

We are winning so yes it's acceptable. Its about getting the wins however we can for now. Deal with it.

Another game where there is no pattern to us whatsoever. Started as 4-3-3 which wasn't working at all, fair play to Jose for addressing this at the break and going 4-2-3-1 which pushed Lo Celso up.

Super goal from Son.

We’ve looked shit though.

How many times do we have to roll out Winks and Sissoko in midfield for our manager(s) to realise it's total midfield suicide. Never fucking works, never has.

Back
Top Bottom