Newcastle (A) 15Jul - 6pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a bit of a strange feeling watching Spurs under Mourinho now.

It's hard to say we've played well. We haven't created much and defensively have not been great - Newcastle have had 3 great chances.

But for some reason I'm calm and it feels like everything is under control.
With you. It ain't pretty but I'm enjoying this game. They're big bastards with attitude so it's fun watching little Lucas snapping away again. 0 - 1. COYS!

We spend so much time slagging off Sissoko and Lucas for not being able to dribble through 9 guys, but at least they try it. I can't understand what purpose Winks serves. Can't he at least turn upfield and beat a couple guys to get us moving forward?

Kane has been shit today so it’s not like he’s without blame.

I don't get comments like this, what do you expect Kane to do when he can't get the ball in dangerous areas and instead has to come deep to help move the ball up?

The one time he had the ball in a somewhat dangerous area he was able to move it to help create Son's goal.

Swap Kane with any player in the world and that player has the exact same number of goals this game as Kane. It is not his fault nobody is able to create chances or put balls in dangerous areas he can attack from.

1-0 up but should probably be level on the run of play.

I’m a little surprised by the setup, in terms of both formation and tactics. The 442 looked good at the weekend and I assumed we would stick with it, but alas!

Again a little disappointed we aren’t trying to impose our will more on Newcastle, but I guess I have to accept that isn’t going to happen under Jose.

Expect to win it from here, in fairness to Jose he knows how to bring a lead home. I’ll be disappointed if we choose to protect the lead as opposed to go for another though.

Great half from Moura and Son looks like he’s on one too. Kane looking isolated again......

Back
Top Bottom