Newcastle (A) 15Jul - 6pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's for tea? I'll be round later.
I just made a nice cup of Glengettie ...

q6548.main.jpg

with some toasted fruit loaf.

I'm feeling saucy after that result against Woolwich. I think we'll go out and do it again. Dare I say we'll keep a clean sheet too?

3-0 spurs, one for Son and Kane with a brace. The man will be fuming after not getting on the scoresheet on Sunday. He'll be taking shots from all over the park :kanegoal:

So close with this prediction. Got the goal scorers for us but the clean sheet was a stretch too far!

Whatever. 3 more points on the board! Just gotta focus on getting the next 6 now. Onwards and upwards! COYS! :tobyarm:

shouted at the TV when Mane did one of his usual impressions of Willem Defoe in Platoon and won the free kick.
Then realized I want the scouse cunts to win tonight.

Seriously though when are refs going to wise up to Mane and Salah?
Probably never.

I don't mind a Liverpool win but please don't let Salah score. I really don't want him to get another golden boot. He already has more than enough for his level of skill. If he played for a different club, he would be lucky to have even one (would've been beaten by Kane the first time and beaten by Auba the next).

Our thoughts are with Aurier and his family following his personal tragedy.

However... as this is a football forum discussing football.

In the old days, the home crowd was known as the 'twelfth man (or woman?)' and in the right game were thought to be worth a goal.

Now, we have Serge Aurier. Worth a goal to any(every?) opponent. Other than there's no-one else, why do we persist with him? Again, a truly shocking display. Some rubbish stat says he made the most tackles. Is there another one to list" most goals given away"

On a separate note. We don't appear to have missed anything by parting company with Bentaleb.

Is it worth a punt on Saint-Maximin during the transfer window? He looks special.

Last edited:
Each to their own of course but I thought that we were shit.

Ec_US6aXkAEW769
We weren't good, just clinical and ground out a win. It happens.

I don't think Mourinho will be pleased with the amount of shots we conceded (22!), even if two-thirds were very low quality/chance.

Well said. If Mourinho can improve our away stats then I’ll take functional football. A bit more flair at home though please. Feed the Kane and he will score...maybe stop the fullbacks from crossing and leave it to the wingers in future.

Bergwijn's delivery is sweet. Need more of that....

Allan Saint-Maximin anyone??? He would be our greatest signing from Newcastle since.......Chris Waddle.The fee back then was £590,000,think we might have to pay a little more for this kid.
Great win, would love to finish sixth-fuck Wolves.
Yeah, I was very impressed with him, easily their best player.

Am I right in thinking he's a bit inconsistent though?

Back
Top Bottom