Newcastle United v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - Sunday 4th April 2021 KO: 14:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was expecting to hear that Bale was ruled out by an injury, however doubt he will start after playing Tuesday. Apart from that all our A team players fit. There is a case for playing Tanganda at RB but I have gone for Aurier for his greater attacking ability but that may change in other matches.
Lloris
Aurier, Toby, Rodon, Regulion
Holjberg, Ndombele, Lo Celso
Son, Kane, Moura.
We really need a win and need to score first and push on and get a second and not have any cock up at the back.
No cock-up the back. Well indeed.

Really torn about who plays with Kane and Lucas* in front 4.
Ideally on back of a injury I’d like Son to start on bench but that’s not realistic.
GLC would normally make an ideal XI of mine but not sure he doesn’t need one or two more cameos before he’s fully fit. Also feel he’s our Ndombole alternative.
Bale phoned it in vs Woolwich so would start him on bench.
Lamela can also have an impact from the bench.
Vinicius probably deserves another shot as a starter plus has been around the last 2 weeks.
Dele almost certainly won’t be involved but there’s an argument he’s also been around the last fortnight.

I think he’ll go with GLC and Son but wouldn’t be happy with any 2 from the 5. Not a bad position to be in.

* I feel in normal circumstances Lucas is below the others in the pecking order (& I actually rate Bergwjn higher) but agree with some of the previous posters that he’s been outstanding last 4/5 games and is in form so needs to start.

p4WuInD.png

Subs: Hart, Toby, Aurier, Sissoko, Dele, Bergwijn, Lamela, Bale, Son

Last edited:
Bale is our best player by a country mile. I don't want him defending, I want him setting up goals with Kane.

Lucas, lo Celso and Lamela can do the rubbing around.

why would 1 early goal be any good ? one nil down teams will still sit back, if they can hold it to that till 75mins or so then go for the equaliser
all these folks (inc TV pundits) that say get early goal then teams will have to open up just don't understand tactic's

Really torn about who plays with Kane and Lucas* in front 4.
Ideally on back of a injury I’d like Son to start on bench but that’s not realistic.
GLC would normally make an ideal XI of mine but not sure he doesn’t need one or two more cameos before he’s fully fit. Also feel he’s our Ndombole alternative.
Bale phoned it in vs Woolwich so would start him on bench.
Lamela can also have an impact from the bench.
Vinicius probably deserves another shot as a starter plus has been around the last 2 weeks.
Dele almost certainly won’t be involved but there’s an argument he’s also been around the last fortnight.

I think he’ll go with GLC and Son but wouldn’t be happy with any 2 from the 5. Not a bad position to be in.

* I feel in normal circumstances Lucas is below the others in the pecking order (& I actually rate Bergwjn higher) but agree with some of the previous posters that he’s been outstanding last 4/5 games and is in form so needs to start.

The hope with Moura is that the two-week gap has not seen him lose rhythm. Can happen.

Of course Son is back which is good but these things are rarely favourable in all directions.

Bruce would have had 2 weeks to get into his players and settle them somewhat.

Hopefully we use our ability and go for the jugular but we know this season nearly anything is possible.

Can't change the defence after the Villa game imo. Why do the likes of Aurier get to walk back in the team for their mythical "attacking ability" after the shitshow served up in Europe?

The attack is where we have the options to change, any number of ways we can line up tbh.

The hope with Moura is that the two-week gap has not seen him lose rhythm. Can happen.

Of course Son is back which is good but these things are rarely favourable in all directions.

Bruce would have had 2 weeks to get into his players and settle them somewhat.

Hopefully we use our ability and go for the jugular but we know this season nearly anything is possible.
Play Moura central and let him run at them
COYS

Back
Top Bottom