Norwich (A) - Final game of the season - 22/05 - 4pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

is that a new thing (we had to qualify in the past - Young Boys??) or is it a legacy of the Russki's being banned?

4th have gotten straight into the group stage at least since Poch first took over.
The last season where 4th place in the PL only qualified for the CL play off round was 2016/17, when Liverpool finished 4th and had to play a play off to get into the 2017/18 group stage. Since then, 4th has been a direct trip to the group stage.

Last edited:
Tonight's Everton and Burnley results are critical for how motivated Everton will be on Sunday. C'mon Burnley and Palace!

Not that it matters, as we're definitely smashing Norwich, aren't we? Surely. Guys?

I would refer the honourable gentleman to the fact that he didn't specify the venue, and that the 3-0 was only last week.

However, in the spirit of Christmas, which is only 7 months away, I will concede that 2-1 is indeed not a stuffing.
And I would respectfully suggest that my honourable friend is not comparing eggs with eggs and quite possibly nor is his colleague, the aforementioned Mr Bluedog. One cannot compare a home victory with an away victory, unless one indeed hails from the land inhabited by clouds and cuckoos. 1-2 is the only possible comparison to our fixture this Sunday and, as he concedes so grudgingly, is indeed not a stuffing.

I happily give way to the Rt Hon Gentleman and eagerly await his fulsome apology.

And I would respectfully suggest that my honourable friend is not comparing eggs with eggs and quite possibly nor is his colleague, the aforementioned Mr Bluedog. One cannot compare a home victory with an away victory, unless one indeed hails from the land inhabited by clouds and cuckoos. 1-2 is the only possible comparison to our fixture this Sunday and, as he concedes so grudgingly, is indeed not a stuffing.

I happily give way to the Rt Hon Gentleman and eagerly await his fulsome apology.
Ah but while you are indeed justified in not comparing the apples of home, with the oranges of away, I am equally justified in pointing out that the good gentleman Bluedog was likely referring to the 3-0, which sits on the absolute minimum threshold of what a sane person may consider a "stuffing". I shall defer to your judgment on whether he shares living space with clouds and/or nest squatting birds.

So I feel that while an apology would be uncalled for, I happily proffer a polite nod in your general direction.

Bring it on!

i5lRiZa.jpg

2 birds having a scrap. Great!

COYS
Our cock is bigger.

Ah but while you are indeed justified in not comparing the apples of home, with the oranges of away, I am equally justified in pointing out that the good gentleman Bluedog was likely referring to the 3-0, which sits on the absolute minimum threshold of what a sane person may consider a "stuffing". I shall defer to your judgment on whether he shares living space with clouds and/or nest squatting birds.

So I feel that while an apology would be uncalled for, I happily proffer a polite nod in your general direction.
As expected, Her Majesty's Opposition, when provided with ample opportunity to justify or apologise for their loose, inaccurate, and misleading information, offers nothing more than obfuscation, error and ineptitude.
Although a nod is as good as a wink to a blind man, allow me to assure the Rt Hon Gentleman that I possess 20/20 vision, unlike the 20/20 hindsight currently on display on the opposition benches.

Mr Speaker, the only possible comparison to a match against Norwich City at Carrow Rd would be ANOTHER match against Norwich City at Carrow Rd, not a match at the King Power Stadium, however nice it may be.

A 3-0 stuffing of Norwich at Leicester, by Leicester, is a very unhelpful example when we, The Mighty Spurs, are playing them in the Land of The 6-Toed Fen Farmer.

Mr Speaker, I am exasperated.

Back
Top Bottom