Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
Not his fault at all. We knew what we were getting by employing him. Again, it's the people who make the decision to employ managers like Jose and Nuno. Brain fucking dead.

We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining

Total bollocks
Along with this
“It has never been because we don’t care about or respect you, our fans”
The fact he said that speaks volumes , it shouldn’t even be needed to be said , it’s a given .

I don’t dislike Nuno , part of me feels sorry for him , just another undernourished lamb to the slaughter but , Christ his football is dull.

If I'm being completely honest, there are some concerns. Maybe Tanguy will kick on now, Lo Celso will return, and the two of them will contribute to some creativity in midfield (alongside Sonny coming back, of course).

But it's starting to feel a little bit like the opposite of Poch: great initial results but I'm not sure you can see what we're trying to do other than be solid defensively. Conversely, Poch had a rockier start but even from pre-season you could 100% see the plan he was trying to get across.

I can't be the only one looking at the Club Brugge - PSG result and wondering if the seat might just be being kept warm...
I looked at the Club Brugge game and thought maybe we should go after the Brugge manager Phillipe Clement:sonhmm:

Jose scored 5 last night and is top of Serie A

Looks like our cunt average players and chairman were the problem all along - not his tactics. He’s been mega at every other club

Yeah. We've had major mentality issues for a long time. Even when we were playing well there was always that barrier about getting over the final hurdle. It's not easy to get this. Mourinho experiment was to try solve this exact problem. Except Levy didn't account for the fact that his methods were outdated and the whole intent to win also went out the window because of his defensive tactics. It's plainly evident when you try to defend a 1 goal lead week in, week out and end up drawing or losing.

What's more is that my post earlier about lack of intent was backed up by what Hojbjerg said a few hours later about Nuno emphasising being solid and hard to beat. It just shows the mentality is to not lose first instead of win first.

That should speak volumes to all involved at the club.

As a club all of our best managers from Bill Nic to the modern era with Jol, Redknapp and Poch have been attacking. It’s the true DNA of the club. Every defensive manager we have had has failed from Graham to AVB to Jose.

The fans hate it and it always feels with us like a matter of time before they go. Nuno will get time from me, probably a whole season but honestly it’s not us, it’s not who we are and I don’t understand why Levy is blind to it.

As a club all of our best managers from Bill Nic to the modern era with Jol, Redknapp and Poch have been attacking. It’s the true DNA of the club. Every defensive manager we have had has failed from Graham to AVB to Jose.

The fans hate it and it always feels with us like a matter of time before they go. Nuno will get time from me, probably a whole season but honestly it’s not us, it’s not who we are and I don’t understand why Levy is blind to it.
He’s not blind to it he just prefers the cheaper option . With Poch he knew he lives to work with the squad he has & bring on youth . You can only go so far with that , unless you are SAF & the Man U team of a few decades ago. Poch needed to take the squad to the next level & also freshen it up. This was the time of the 500 of days with no transfer activity. It destroyed the relationship between them & a unhappy manager means a unhappy / unmotivated squad. Levy is painfully myopic in his views for the footballing side of the franchise, his big dreams lie in property. We constantly look for prospects without realizing that these prospects : A ) May fail B) If they reach potential will be without our current stars due to time & or possibly them being sold for profits. It’s a continuous cycle , we climb to Everest base camp & never try to get to the summit.

If I'm being completely honest, there are some concerns. Maybe Tanguy will kick on now, Lo Celso will return, and the two of them will contribute to some creativity in midfield (alongside Sonny coming back, of course).

But it's starting to feel a little bit like the opposite of Poch: great initial results but I'm not sure you can see what we're trying to do other than be solid defensively. Conversely, Poch had a rockier start but even from pre-season you could 100% see the plan he was trying to get across.

I can't be the only one looking at the Club Brugge - PSG result and wondering if the seat might just be being kept warm...

He’s managing a team with a front three who aren’t going to put the yards in defensively. Sure they could just be given the ball and let them create and score. That might be fine in France but the CL is a different beast entirely. Let’s see how they do against Man City home and away for example. Plus he’s got to manage those egos, that’s not going to be easy.

Levy doesn’t have the imagination for a different appointment. If Poch is sacked next summer I would lay a pretty large sum of money on him coming to us if there’s not a clause in his contract not allowing it.

What upsets me is he doesn't seem to coach any sort of pressing or movement patterns.

Everyteam we play atm look far better coached than we do. Even games I watch on the TV I think that team looks much better than Spurs. Its sad that's where we are at but seriously other teams piss over us with their movement , passing and structure atm.

Along with this
“It has never been because we don’t care about or respect you, our fans”
The fact he said that speaks volumes , it shouldn’t even be needed to be said , it’s a given .

I don’t dislike Nuno , part of me feels sorry for him , just another undernourished lamb to the slaughter but , Christ his football is dull.
At the time we were linked with Fonseca I was fucking embarrassed that that was the level of our ambition, looking back now how I fucking wish we'd have pressed ahead with that appointment. I don't even care if results would have been the same or maybe worse, at least we might have been worth watching for 180 minutes per week...

Even fucking Gattuso might have instilled some bollocks into this side at least, instead we have the fucking yes man cuck who won't whinge about being left up shit creek by transfer dealings, because he's literally grateful to have a job after Wolverhampton Wanderers concluded that he wasn't good enough for them...

To Dare is to Do ... Fuck All

Back
Top Bottom