Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
The situation is vastly different to under Mourinho though. He didn’t have fans in the stadium. Had they been present last season he’d have been sacked much earlier. Nuno doesn’t have that luxury. If it continues to be dull then the fans fans won’t stand for it.

I have only been to the Watford game and I didn’t think it was much different to want we’ve been served up for the last 3/4 years. I’m also missing the game tomorrow so will have no idea of the reception in the ground. At Watford it was fine but if we sit back tomorrow, don’t take the game to them, then I suspect the crowd will be even quieter than usual. A fast start is a must.

People were always gonna turn on him when we lost, the bad feeling from the summer and previous seasons is always bubbling under the surface and all it took was a loss, I feel quite sorry for him.

Dissapointing that we haven't been able to build on that first game against City. I was excited by what I saw there, have to say i've not been excited by much I've seen since.

Dissapointing that we haven't been able to build on that first game against City. I was excited by what I saw there, have to say i've not been excited by much I've seen since.
Yep. Totally agree. It's all been very underwhelming and quite frankly dull since then. As much as I'd like to give Nuno some time, I do feel that he's just not up to the task and his football style could quickly exhaust many fans' patience...

Yep. Totally agree. It's all been very underwhelming and quite frankly dull since then. As much as I'd like to give Nuno some time, I do feel that he's just not up to the task and his football style could quickly exhaust many fans' patience...
Levy's an idiot. Nuno's fucked because he followed Jurassic Park. If he'd come in after Poch was making Connelly of Brighton look like vintage Tevez he'd have got the time.

We are all just sick of pragmatism. Still I keep reminding folk that the man has a two year contract! What does that tell you? For good or ill his job is to get us into the Europa Cup, kick out the malcontents move on the useless whilst Paratici lowers the squads age. For the return of the King.

Id also add whatever you think of him he will not try to inject poison into the clubs system as he leaves, Nuno's a decent human. If you wonder what I'm talking about you can trace the new selfish, no showing, slapped ass face, fan dumping Harry Kane directly to the last act of Jose Mourinho. Been told this directly by a club bod, but hey at least the circus round Mourinho was entertaining. Said zero folk who actually love our club.

If we beat Chelsea playing the way we played against City then great. If we beat Chelsea with one shot on goal after they pummeled us with 25 shots on target of their own am I supposed to gloss over that after a few days of bragging rights?

We need performances, not just results.
So..... if (bear with me I know it's a big if) we manage to win 28 of our games this year purely due to luck, playing ordinary football without exciting our demanding fanbase, but win them all 1-0 and on top of that we draw another 5 or 6, again pure fluke, what then? We have around 90 points + and a real chance of winning the league. Do we sack Nuno because the fans don't care about results they just want entertaining football? Do we bring in a really entertaining tactician who'll guarantee excitement and a maximum of 50-60 points?

I know which one I would prefer. There really is no point complaining about our lack of silverware if all you're interested in is exciting football at all cost - smacks of hypocrisy to me. I'll take three lucky 1-0 wins out of 3 against three entertaining 3-3 draws any day of the week.

And of course I know we want the best of both worlds - every game entertaining 3-0 wins - but wouldn't everyone? It doesn't happen unless you have billions to spend on wages, transfer fees and coaching staff. We don't.

What was wrong with what I posted? Nuno is a good manager. He’s perfect for the rebuild and won’t throw his own players under the bus like Mourinho.

The problem is that ‘fans’ want instant success. We have played just four games, won 3 of them and was unlucky against Palace due to injuries.

Have some perspective at least.
I
So..... if (bear with me I know it's a big if) we manage to win 28 of our games this year purely due to luck, playing ordinary football without exciting our demanding fanbase, but win them all 1-0 and on top of that we draw another 5 or 6, again pure fluke, what then? We have around 90 points + and a real chance of winning the league. Do we sack Nuno because the fans don't care about results they just want entertaining football? Do we bring in a really entertaining tactician who'll guarantee excitement and a maximum of 50-60 points?

I know which one I would prefer. There really is no point complaining about our lack of silverware if all you're interested in is exciting football at all cost - smacks of hypocrisy to me. I'll take three lucky 1-0 wins out of 3 against three entertaining 3-3 draws any day of the week.

And of course I know we want the best of both worlds - every game entertaining 3-0 wins - but wouldn't everyone? It doesn't happen unless you have billions to spend on wages, transfer fees and coaching staff. We don't.
nonsense argument - playing ordinary football won’t win you 28 games 1-0. It’s not 1990’s Serie A. WILL NOT HAPPEN

Playing half-decent, attacking football and winning games aren't mutually exclusive. We've got enough creative players in this team to be doing a much better job of unlocking teams without sacrificing too much in defence.

Back
Top Bottom