Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree but to be fair to Conte, Skipp was injured or carrying a knock otherwise i'm certain he would have started him.
It's just so fucking painful to watch the other two. There is noway a champions league level side would have centre mids of such poor quality starting in one of the biggest games of their season.

Said this in the match thread but I'll say it again here.

Skipp needs to play every minute of every game from now on until we have players good enough to be able to rotate. The fact that Skipp with a slight knock improved us massively says it all. CM has to be the priority position for January now!

He's quickly become one of our most important players which is both a testament to himself and also shows how average we are, considering he's still got loads of learning and improving to do and in a perfect world wouldn't be starting every game when fit.

He was no worse than anyone else today.
He had a couple of chances to make a killer pass but it didn't come off.
He's had a good start overall and I reckon he will start a lot more games this season.

Said this in the match thread but I'll say it again here.

Skipp needs to play every minute of every game from now on until we have players good enough to be able to rotate. The fact that Skipp with a slight knock improved us massively says it all. CM has to be the priority position for January now!
Experienced players can play more games without their performance dropping. Newer young players need to be managed and I think that is what Conte is doing. I expect him to start our next match and most matches but to allow him to keep his performance up he will miss the odd match and get subbed sometimes.

Experienced players can play more games without their performance dropping. Newer young players need to be managed and I think that is what Conte is doing. I expect him to start our next match and most matches but to allow him to keep his performance up he will miss the odd match and get subbed sometimes.
I get that but I think last season he played something like the 2nd most minutes for Norwich behind Max Aarons so he's probably ahead of the progression in terms of being able to play a full season.

Nominated for Young Player of the year

(Esther Morgan nominated for Best Young Woman's Player)

I've no idea what time frame this is over, is it last season or just half of this year? If it is last season, then why the fuck Kane wasn't nominated is an absolute joke!

Nominated for Young Player of the year

(Esther Morgan nominated for Best Young Woman's Player)

I've no idea what time frame this is over, is it last season or just half of this year? If it is last season, then why the fuck Kane wasn't nominated is an absolute joke!

They should do the awards during the summer, when league play has finished for the season, but they instead choose to have annual awards that take half a season on either side into account. Kane stank it up for us from August through late November, and these nominations are alot of "what have you done for me lately". I'm not surprised he didn't make the cut personally. I'm also not too bothered about it. Hope Rice or Bowen can win- would at least prevent some absolutely hideous Chelsea fraud from taking it.

Antonio Conte on Oliver Skipp's injury: "The medical department told me two weeks but I hope to have him in a week/10 days maximum. I push the medical department because we're talking about an important player for Tottenham."

Antonio Conte on Oliver Skipp's injury: "The medical department told me two weeks but I hope to have him in a week/10 days maximum. I push the medical department because we're talking about an important player for Tottenham."
I just watched the IV and Conte was laughing when he said he was hurrying up the meds.
Edit: Just as I typed that another journo asked about Skipp and AC said with more seriousness that he wanted him fit in 7 to 10 days.

Back
Top Bottom