Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His loan to Norwich made him a seriously good player - doesn't take unnecessary risks, 100% commitment, strong and fearless. We miss him massively, compounded by the fact that our other options in the role are not good enough
His loan move could hardly have gone better. Starter from day one, played practically every minute of every game. Frequent MotM shouts. Never gave the manager cause to doubt his fitness, ability or attitude. Suggests to me that he was ready to get regular minutes last season.

Japhet started games for us and did OK, Skipp is much more talented. We were conceding so many cheap late goals, PEH was run ragged covering for Dele, Ndombele, Winks. Exactly the situation we find ourselves in now.

I suppose it was for the best in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
His loan move could hardly have gone better. Starter from day one, played practically every minute of every game. Frequent MotM shouts. Never gave the manager cause to doubt his fitness, ability or attitude. Suggests to me that he was ready to get regular minutes last season.

Japhet started games for us and did OK, Skipp is much more talented. We were conceding so many cheap late goals, PEH was run ragged covering for Dele, Ndombele, Winks. Exactly, the situation we find ourselves in now.

I suppose it was for the best in the long run.
That's why i like loan moves for young players. There is no substitute for real match experience and it's far better than just sitting on the bench, training and playing under 23's. That's basically youth football in empty grounds that has nothing like the competitive intensity or pressure of league games in a stadium.

Ideally i would like every single young player we think can make the first team loaned out to get some first 11 experience with a Championship or lower league club.

Skipp Bentancur could be a decent partnership!

I just hope it doesn't become one of those things that the fans scream for but never happens. Or is put in place against someone like City or the bin dippers and deemed to be a failure never to be repeated.

Unlike the same failures who get chance after chance for some reason. Jose used to do that occasionally with players like Foyth which I found annoying.

Miss these monster tackles

Love it, I know he can give us more on the ball too. In the academy he wasn't just some tackle machine, he has a more creative playful side to his game, he loves a cheeky no-look pass.

Apparently he was giving the Dutch u23s nuts with all his twists and turns, they even compared him to Frankie De Jong.

So....how soon will some oil club tempt Levy with cash?

Pay Day Money GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Back
Top Bottom