Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Meh the drop from Biss to Skipp is enormous.

I don't know why he always let the ball jump 4 times before he tries to take it under control = less time to react in the PL. Really poor technical ability

Didn't give the team any confidence in that 6.

Sarr at 6 with Gio would be better.

I thought he was a big part of the problem today tbh.

And I worry about both Brighton and Bournemouth if he's going to be the number 6 going into those games.

He's very rusty and has poor confidence in himself right now. He was OK but lost possession far too often. Needs game-time to build confidence and reacquaint himself with the tempo of the Prem.

Should have been sent out on loan the last two seasons but his HG status and our inability to recruit properly is a millstone around his neck that keeps him from getting the game-time he needs to develop properly.

It may already be too late for Skippy as with Tanganga. I think it looked like there was possibly a very good player there when he was on loan at Norwich, but he hasn't meaningfully progressed since then. Lack of proper game time is at the heart of this issue.

Hope Levy has learned his lesson burning our extremely valuable HG/club-trained talent because he couldn't recruit well-enough to fill out a roster properly. Tanganga could have been our Emerson by now, and Skipp could be a much more decent CM option- if they weren't so horribly mismanaged.

what gets me is many of us say simalar on waht he can't do,
he can't turn with the ball
doesn't sense danger

these things are coachable, not to him being a world beater but to him being able to be a more rounded player
its not easy to coach but it can be done, trouble is too many managers/coaches are lazy and don't think about how/what they are coaching
very few coaches take drills from other sports and change them to fit football

doesn't sense danger
Definitely not true of the Skipp who broke into the first team under Nuno. He's obviosly not delivering on the pitch now though, and time is running out.

Really wonder what some of you are expecting from him?

He’s clearly a limited player that has lost a little bit of athleticism after his injury. He’s homegrown and expected to be a 5th or 6th midfielder.

We have Bentancur, bissouma, Maddison, GLC, Sarr, PEH all ahead of him. If you discount Maddison and the attacking mid position, he is 6th in line for the other 2 midfield spots.

He’s playing because of injuries. His job is to hold his own and not fuck up. You aren’t going to have 20 match winning players on every squad.

If the club decides he’s starter material (basically what happened with winks) then that’s a problem, but we aren’t there yet.

Back
Top Bottom