Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not many options left at this rate.

I'd rather Donley out there and Skipp to see out games.

Donley isn't a #6 and Everton isn't gonna be a casual stroll about where we'll be 3 up in the first half.

Everyone wants to see the kids break out; but that doesn't mean we throw all logic out of the window.

Give the kid a chance. He may not be up to our standards but he has more to give.

He's from my hometown so I want him to have every opportunity to make it with us. This time last year, he was a better option in midfield to Bissouma and we can trust him to play half a dozen games without getting sent off. There is more to come from the lad.

Donley isn't a #6 and Everton isn't gonna be a casual stroll about where we'll be 3 up in the first half.

Everyone wants to see the kids break out; but that doesn't mean we throw all logic out of the window.
Fair point. I was imagining PEH as the 6 and Deki on the wing, but now that Johnson is cleared fit that's less of an issue. Lo Celso coming back too so less caution to the wind.

Still not convinced about Skipp's ability in a crucial pivot role, but he'll match up well to the physical duels.

Fair point. I was imagining PEH as the 6 and Deki on the wing, but now that Johnson is cleared fit that's less of an issue. Lo Celso coming back too so less caution to the wind.

Still not convinced about Skipp's ability in a crucial pivot role, but he'll match up well to the physical duels.

Never ever been a fan of PEH as a #6......... The man has no hips and can only play the way he's facing.

he looked like a boy against men out there earlier. he gets stuck in but he just looks so physically inferior its hard to watch. champo written all over him. get a CM in, in jan and let skipp go and play for a team at his level.

He does the job as a sub. He’s not going to win you games but he won’t lose you many either. Bissouma’s had 2 shocking performances worse than any Skipp performance. Skipp is giving us what you’d expect from a squad player.

He’s 23. The concerning thing is he doesn’t look as athletic as he did 2 years ago, so if he continues to decline, he may not make it at this level. But there’s 0 reason to give up on the guy. We need squad depth and he’s homegrown. Next year, we will need it even more assuming we are in Europe. It would be dumb to get rid of him in the immediate future.

Does Skipp or Hojberg start at the #6 until Biss/Benta is back? About 6 league games and an FA Cup match or two? Think I’d rather see Skippy - nothing spectacular but he put in a shift today. So maybe a chance for him to get a run of games and back into form.

Does Skipp or Hojberg start at the #6 until Biss/Benta is back? About 6 league games and an FA Cup match or two? Think I’d rather see Skippy - nothing spectacular but he put in a shift today. So maybe a chance for him to get a run of games and back into form.

Hojbjerg.

I don't believe Skipp has been trusted as a 6 all season and I'd be amazed if that starts now.

as others have siad he looks like a boy in a mans world, use's too much energy running here and there instead of sensing where the danger is, Last season in a defence pair he looked ok, not great but ok
being a HG player it makes sense to keep as a squadman allows us to keep squad numbers up

I've always been a bit of a Skippy Supporter, but watching him last night, there was nobody else on the pitch who came close to his ability to run away & hide from the ball like he did. He showed an unerring ability to put a Forest player between himself and the ball, thus making himself unavailable to receive a pass. Not his finest moment.

He's from my hometown so I want him to have every opportunity to make it with us. This time last year, he was a better option in midfield to Bissouma and we can trust him to play half a dozen games without getting sent off. There is more to come from the lad.
Ditto. I went to school with him - albeit 50 years apart.

Back
Top Bottom