Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One thing I noticed was that he was bad at the long risky passes. I am hoping it is just because of game time/injury but he didn't look on the same level as the rest in that department. One positive is that it shows Ange has told him to not just play the 5yard sideways passes.

KULUSEVSKI, Dejan22
SESSEGNON Ryan22
SPENCE Djed22
SKIPP Oliver22
GIL Bryan21
van de VEN Micky21
JOHNSON Brennan21
SARR Pape20
UDOGIE Destiny20
VELIZ Alejo19
PHILLIPS Ashley17
VUSKOVIC Luka15

I am willing to give Ollie and other young members of the squad a bit more time.
(Ages as of January 1 this year.)

Skipp just doesn't seem to fit this system.
What is his future with us ?
Maybe time to relocate ?
If Hojbjerg goes in the next year then it makes sense to keep Skipp from a squad perspective. Hes home grown and likely won't mind too much playing here and there rather than starting, so a useful player to keep in the team if we can keep him happy.

If Hojbjerg goes in the next year then it makes sense to keep Skipp from a squad perspective. Hes home grown and likely won't mind too much playing here and there rather than starting, so a useful player to keep in the team if we can keep him happy.
Inwould just start him over the next month and see how he does…. I used to love him but he’s been fucking garbage for a while. Give him the next six weeks and if he doesn’t refind form, bin him and Hoj

I'm giving up.on life if an Aussie can't get a tune out of a bloke called Skippy..
He’s one of our own so I’ll always be a big fan - but I think he needs to go out on loan to another PL side lower down the table - or to a good team in the Bundesliga/La Liga/Serie A to get playing time/improve his game/refind his form. Our MF even with injuries is very crowded and rotting on our bench isn’t going to help Skippy or the club.

He’s one of our own so I’ll always be a big fan - but I think he needs to go out on loan to another PL side lower down the table - or to a good team in the Bundesliga/La Liga/Serie A to get playing time/improve his game/refind his form. Our MF even with injuries is very crowded and rotting on our bench isn’t going to help Skippy or the club.
There's only two kinds of forum member oldwiltshireyid oldwiltshireyid Yiddy and at Davey1962 old enough to get what happened here or those like SpursDNA who have their whole life ahead of them still.... 🤔

Great footwork in the buildup to the goal. Shades of the pre-injury Skipp there.

When you say "in the build up" - how far back do I have to go?
Watch Cities 3rd goal. And watch Skipp make zero effort to get back and help despite being well placed to do so. It was never more than 10 feet from Grealish but pretty much watched him run into the box un-marked and score.

When you say "in the build up" - how far back do I have to go?
Watch Cities 3rd goal. And watch Skipp make zero effort to get back and help despite being well placed to do so. It was never more than 10 feet from Grealish but pretty much watched him run into the box un-marked and score.
He literally starts the move off by beating the press of three (Haaland, Lewis & i think Alvarez) City [email protected]

View: https://x.com/pressingopfer2/status/1731622532149662134?s=20

Easily his best appearance under Ange. Though you could say that wasn't hard to beat.

Pleased for him because I was quite disappointed at bringing GLC off for him. But he did his job

His game is going to have to change and that takes time. Suits the more Conte minded managers, he will need to become more comfortable with the ball and risk taking.

Easily his best appearance under Ange. Though you could say that wasn't hard to beat.

Pleased for him because I was quite disappointed at bringing GLC off for him. But he did his job
Yep. I don't think he's been good since his operation. I've no idea if he's an Ange player or not but feel he's got a good football brain on him. I absolutely don't see him getting ahead of Biss or Bentancur but think he can play an important role in covering/rotating if he can replicate this performance when coming on.

His game is going to have to change and that takes time. Suits the more Conte minded managers, he will need to become more comfortable with the ball and risk taking.

I don't think that's necessarily true... Played his best football under Farke (who's an attacking manager to a fault) at Norwich (albeit in the champo) and was more progressive than what we've mostly seen here.... I think he's another player who's 'shrunk' as a result of not playing to his instincts.

Back
Top Bottom