Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice lad, but he’s the sort of player you get through your academy to sell for profit so you can buy better.

He’ll probably be club captain and be here a decade.
thats what a clever club would do with the skipps, winks and most probably scarletts that come through. give them little bits of game time with the actual first team here and there, build their rep up ( all while realising they arent actually good enough) then sell them to some fucking idiots for 5 times what they are actually worth.

He's not actually a very good 6, he doesn't have the mobility.

You may not have noted but my suggestion was with specific regard to marking Fernandes out of the game..... But more generally:

Why should he play a 6 when he can't stop a player without fouling?

Most of the time that because he's called upon to box-2-box-ing and he's left chasing players from behind that have already broken and begun to counter. Screening, shielding the back four and rec-cycling the ball from the #6 position is an altogether different remit; whereas #8 demands even more mobility (in the form of recovery pace, at least).

Now maybe that doesn't fit the description of an Ange #6, but that's a further twist on the matter.

He can, he's gone off the boil a bit, but he's a fantastic tackler. I saw it LOADS with Norwich, and we all saw it under Nuno and Conte for a while.
Don’t know if he is. Always looks like he’s really stretching into tackles, last ditch sort of stuff. Looks a bit flat footed when people run at him. Never really seen it with him and still don’t. Okay with better players around him I suppose

Seems like a nice lad but he's a championship midfielder. I forgot who it was but I remember discussing him with someone on here who thought he was as good as Bissouma (lol) and I feel totally vindicated.

Back
Top Bottom