Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Horrendous showing. He needs to play as a 6, not an 8 or a fake winger thing the managers are doing with him.

He also needs to just play better.

If there's no improvement over the course of the season. He'll be gone next summer.

Ange ain't putting up with that shit. He didn't even give Winks a chance.

Why should he play a 6 when he can't stop a player without fouling?
He can, he's gone off the boil a bit, but he's a fantastic tackler. I saw it LOADS with Norwich, and we all saw it under Nuno and Conte for a while.

The guys that follow our youngsters do hype up and talk some absolute shit at times. Need to start watching these youngsters without spurs tinted spectacles on. Has an occasional good game but that's it.

He can, he's gone off the boil a bit, but he's a fantastic tackler. I saw it LOADS with Norwich, and we all saw it under Nuno and Conte for a while.

He's never looked the same post injury.

He was genuinely brilliant under Conte before the injury and Bentancur was signed. But that was 2021. I dont think I'd even be able to count on one hand the amount of great performances Skipp has put in since then.

He's really not. He's clearly not athletic enough to keep up with Premier League players, which often leaves him flailing around to stop them somehow, which usually results in a booking eventually. He can do the job in the Championship however.

Horrendous showing. He needs to play as a 6, not an 8 or a fake winger thing the managers are doing with him.

He also needs to just play better.
Not seeing anthing in him to suggest he'd make a passable 6 at the moment either. Shy of the ball, heavy touch, no passing range, can't carry, take the ball under pressure, wriggle put of pressure. Hojbjerg had a fairly mediocre game today and played 65 passes. Skipp probably wouldn't manage 65 passes playing for the u21's. Hate being hard on him because I liked following him at Norwich, and think he started pretty well under Conte, but he's been very poor for quite a while now.

He's really not. He's clearly not athletic enough to keep up with Premier League players, which often leaves him flailing around to stop them somehow, which usually results in a booking eventually. He can do the job in the Championship however.
Sorry but you're just flat out wrong. I still remember the battering he gave Traore under Nuno. How well he did against Sterling and Grealish in his debut against City.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7giRh3wzwxk

I've been watching him since we played Dortmund in the CL like 4 years ago. He's also been a great tackler with a decent ability to read danger.

I don't know why he's become so timid, but let's not pretend this was how he always was.

Not seeing anthing in him to suggest he'd make a passable 6 at the moment either. Shy of the ball, heavy touch, no passing range, can't carry, take the ball under pressure, wriggle put of pressure. Hojbjerg had a fairly mediocre game today and played 65 passes. Skipp probably wouldn't manage 65 passes playing for the u21's. Hate being hard on him because I liked following him at Norwich, and think he started pretty well under Conte, but he's been very poor for quite a while now.
Yeah, not sure what happened to him post injury, but he seems to have completely lost his tenacity and reading of the game.

Now he just fouls people and makes mistakes on the ball.

Sorry but you're just flat out wrong. I still remember the battering he gave Traore under Nuno. How well he did against Sterling and Grealish in his debut against City.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7giRh3wzwxk

I've been watching him since we played Dortmund in the CL like 4 years ago. He's also been a great tackler with a decent ability to read danger.

I don't know why he's become so timid, but let's not pretend this was how he always was.

Because he made 50 tackles? Congratulations, so did every Premier League DM. He has a 50% tackle success rate which is piss poor for a DM, and he picks up a booking every other match.

Because he made 50 tackles? Congratulations, so did every Premier League DM. He has a 50% tackle success rate which is piss poor for a DM, and he picks up a booking every other match.
You're just wrong. That's all that's left to say.

He's clearly not athletic enough to keep up with Premier League players
this is where it ends for him. hes below average in size, strength and speed. to make up for that he has to be way above average in technique, vision and intelligence, and hes simply not...hes not cut out for this league and the more game time hes getting the more hes displaying it. should try and sell before it really damages his value.

23 soon, not really a raw youngster anymore.
Just not seeing it with this one. Would've been savvy to sell and replace with Scott earlier in the summer .

Think we'll be desperate to shift him in another couple years .
I don't dislike him but I'm honestly not sure what he's good at

23 soon, not really a raw youngster anymore.
Just not seeing it with this one. Would've been savvy to sell and replace with Scott earlier in the summer .

Think we'll be desperate to shift him in another couple years .
I don't dislike him but I'm honestly not sure what he's good at
He was good at some things, but yeah, that injury might have finished him.

Back
Top Bottom