Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was a complete passanger today, both in attack and in defence. 49 touches, 2 duels (1 won), 1 tackle. I get that he scored a brace against Barcelona, but Sarr should've started.

Need to do more on an occasion like today if he wants to give himself any chance of becoming a regular starter for us.

The days of 'young Ollie' and excuses should be over now, he will be 23 next month, time to step up.

Last edited:
He’s very much just alright with the occasional really good performance and goal. I don’t see him ever progressing past that as his skill set is pretty limited.

Nice to have around & club trained but I don’t expect him to ever be at a level where he’s got a shot at starting for England for example.

He’s very much just alright with the occasional really good performance and goal. I don’t see him ever progressing past that as his skill set is pretty limited.

Nice to have around & club trained but I don’t expect him to ever be at a level where he’s got a shot at starting for England for example.

No but he is a fine back up. Sarr has the similarity to Bissouma, Lo Celso will cover Maddison and Skipp/Devine will cover Bentancur.

We just fucking miss Bentancur.

Need to do more on an occasion like today if he wants to give himself any chance of becoming a regular starter for us.

The days of 'young Ollie' and excuses should be over now, he will be 23 next month, time to step up.
Part of the issue for Skipp was Brentford played 5 men deep and took away the kind of runs he made against Barcelona. The wide players have to offer more or teams are going to sit back like that against Spurs.

Re: Man U.........
Skipp
Madz - Biss
Have him kick the fuck out of Fernandez for 90mins (not literally).

Have Biss (mobility & press-resistance) match up against Mount.

Madz weaves the magic.

Re: Man U.........
Skipp
Madz - Biss
Have him kick the fuck out of Fernandez for 90mins (not literally).

Have Biss (mobility & press-resistance) match up against Mount.

Madz weaves the magic.
He's not actually a very good 6, he doesn't have the mobility.

As a #8 with Højbjerg as the #6:

Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF

Back
Top Bottom