Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t see the point of this unless we’re bringing in a real top line proppect in his position like Lavia or there is a no6 in the academy who they rate much higher.

The story doesn't say we are desperate to sell and that he has no future. He is just in the same boat as most of the other players in the squad. If a nice offer arrives, we will consider it.

How many other players has this been made public about?

Made public? Virtually every article written about our summer plans talks about a clear out and that many players will leave.

Lloris, Hojbjerg, Dier, Skipp, Sanchez, Reguilon, Davies, there are hardly any players who we aren’t apparently open to selling. Because most of them weren’t good enough to get us higher than 8th.

Made public? Virtually every article written about our summer plans talks about a clear out and that many players will leave.

Lloris, Hojbjerg, Dier, Skipp, Sanchez, Reguilon, Davies, there are hardly any players who we aren’t apparently open to selling. Because most of them weren’t good enough to get us higher than 8th.
You listed 7, ok thanks 👍🏻

Ange won't sell Skippy.

giphy.gif

You listed 7, ok thanks 👍🏻
Think your being a bit of a knob with this comment tbh.

StripiestPilot StripiestPilot said that there is hardly a player who hasn't been up for sale according to rumours this summer.

That you're trying to be smart because he only could be arsed listing 7 reflects poorly on you imo.

It easier to list those who haven't been linked away this window - only one I can think of is Bentancur.

Think your being a bit of a knob with this comment tbh.

StripiestPilot StripiestPilot said that there is hardly a player who hasn't been up for sale according to rumours this summer.

That you're trying to be smart because he only could be arsed listing 7 reflects poorly on you imo.

It easier to list those who haven't been linked away this window - only one I can think of is Bentancur.
A lot of the time when you post (not all the time) I am reminded of this phrase...

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

:thumbup:

That info on skippy has come from Alex Crook. Self styled football correspondent of Talksport. Anyone who listens will’ in that he knows nowt. He has worked on the south coast so may get stuff from Southampton or Bournemouth. He just usually re iterates what we have all read on here or Fab Romanos Twitter. Pinch of salt and all that.
one Poss reason to sell player from the academy is that the whole fee will be seen as profit on the books. Mount has given Chelsea 60 m to put against that lot they bought last season.
Skippy has had to play in a poor team , ran his guts out with Pierre last season. He can play further forward and can see a pass. Give him a chance this season and he might look a different player.

After we were gifted with the likes of Blanchflower, Hoddle, Perryman, we struggled to match their quality....

We tried, we failed, we tried again.... we had mixed results!

Samways - Howells - O'Hara - Mason - Winks - Skipp...

Spurs, homegrown midfielders....

It's a well trodden path, and sometimes with its' limitations and obstacles...

but surely, at SOME point, ANOTHER ONE OF THEM has to come good....?

It is not talked about but a truly terrifying animal up close. They are fucking huge.

Kangeroos, not Ange (although that too might be the case)
Wallaby gang rape. I'll never forget a visit to Whipsnade Zoo several years ago. The wallabies roam freely. We arrived at a sheltered seating area just like this one...
kRXkRxs.png

This was the scene of the crime. A whole group of large male wallabies had trapped a single small female under the bench and were acting as a gang to force her out and systematically rape her (that's the only way I can describe it, because she certainly wasn't a willing participant). It was harrowing to watch.

I bet fucking kangaroos are the same, but bigger.

After we were gifted with the likes of Blanchflower, Hoddle, Perryman, we struggled to match their quality....

We tried, we failed, we tried again.... we had mixed results!

Samways - Howells - O'Hara - Mason - Winks - Skipp...

Spurs, homegrown midfielders....

It's a well trodden path, and sometimes with its' limitations and obstacles...

but surely, at SOME point, ANOTHER ONE OF THEM has to come good....?
Pratt, Souness, Hazard, Moncur, Caskey, Barmby, Clemence, Jackson, Marney, Livermore, Pritchard, Bentaleb, Carroll, Townsend, Onomah.

Think he's still worth a squad place as don't think we saw his best last season. We haven't got that many HG that we can afford to let too many go without replacing.
100% - He’s a fine back up #6 to Bissouma - Squad players like Skipp are useful - Like u say , Skipp is homegrown and he’s young enuf to maybe improve.

Certainly not good enuf to be in the starting 11 tho.

Think he's still worth a squad place as don't think we saw his best last season. We haven't got that many HG that we can afford to let too many go without replacing.
Yep. Whilst I don’t really get what he does very well, he is athletic and gets about the pitch. Seems to win the ball back and play simple passes. If he wasn’t HG, I’d want rid, but as he is, having him as a backup makes sense. Doubt he’s on a fortune either.

Back
Top Bottom