Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not to mention that if we recall him in January without lets say an injury crisis to justify it it may sour relationships with Norwich. Let Skipp play a full season with them and they will probably be okay with taking another youth on loan next season (PL status pending of course).

Fuck Norwich. We'll do what's best for Skipp and Spurs. Half a season of Championship football is plenty enough. The gulf in quality is very big between it and the PL. If Winks wants to push for a move in Jan in search of regular starts, bringing back Skipp is a no brainer.

If there's no recall option in the loan - he won't be coming back.

I don't know how common those are in season loan loans though.

If I’m Mourinho, this is how I’ve got Skipp spending all summer watching Hojbjerg game film.
clockwork-orange-eyes_orig.jpg

Wow second to only Krul and Aarons in minutes player for the Championship leaders. :auriergrin:
And Krul went off injured yesterday. Holding his leg just above his knee. Not a knock from the game. So could be out for a little while. Skippy has settled in nicely there. Fans seem to have taken to him. Manager obviously trusts him. Good times for the lad.

Fuck Norwich. We'll do what's best for Skipp and Spurs. Half a season of Championship football is plenty enough. The gulf in quality is very big between it and the PL. If Winks wants to push for a move in Jan in search of regular starts, bringing back Skipp is a no brainer.

Aren't you getting a bit carried away?

- Nurturing any relationship with Norwich would be with our benefit in mind, not theirs.
- Skipp experiencing a title push would be amazing experience; especially if he's a key player.
- The kind of position he plays, he's still coming up against highly competitive, very physical players against who he has to fight and compete as a comparative 'child'.
- Who said anything about Winks pushing his way out (Yeh, I saw his "i need to play" comments, but you're stretching them here)?

Last edited:
Quick glance of social media and they absolutely love him. Nicknaming him "Three lungs" and many wish they could have him permanently.

Really good to see.

He's on his third midfielder partner. With his latest, Tetty, he's played the more forward thinking and shown he's got a lot to offer. He's certainly had to be very flexible and has been a mainstay while they're falling like flies around him. Aarons looks like he might be the latest to be out for a while.

I see Alex Tettey and Emi Buendia both got taken off but Skippy played the full 90. Really looking like he's the mainstay of their midfield already.

Klopp moans (about everything) because he has a few players injured, Norwich are missing 12 squad players right now, they had just 13 professionals available tonight.

Skipp is carrying what's left of the starting eleven, playing two games every week and with eight games scheduled for December, he's certainly getting hard minutes under his belt. Just hope he stays healthy.

Skipp is a very robust little player. He's been running endlessly, getting clattered week in week out, even walked off a potential leg breaker.

Rather than slowing down, he's now he's starting to really express himself, created a few chances, and I think he's due an assist soon.

We could see from the academy footage that he's got ability on the ball, and that side of his game is coming through.

I don't know who was responsible for our awful loan policy in the last few years (I guess it had to be Poch) but the loans for Skipp, Parrott and Sess have been fantastic so far. Long may this new trend continue.

Back
Top Bottom