Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He should replace Winks next season - no doubt about it

I know there’s a lot of dislike for Winks on here, and you will claim this is my dislike of Sissoko, but it would make far more sense for Skipp to replace a 32yo non HG Sissoko as his human shuffling butt plug remit would be a piece of piss for Skipp to replicate and improve on and as a squad player Winks is HG, club trained, cheap to salary and can at least play football occasionally.

Id happily offload both and upgrade Winks too, but common sense priorities and all that.

He’s a twenty year old mainstay in a team competing for the Championship. If he keeps it up all season, based on recent precedent (Sess, Watkins, Maupay, Bowen, Madison, Benrahma) he’s probably already worth £20m+.

I know there’s a lot of dislike for Winks on here, and you will claim this is my dislike of Sissoko, but it would make far more sense for Skipp to replace a 32yo non HG Sissoko as his human shuffling butt plug remit would be a piece of piss for Skipp to replicate and improve on and as a squad player Winks is HG, club trained, cheap to salary and can at least play football occasionally.

Id happily offload both and upgrade Winks too, but common sense priorities and all that.
Winks is finished here and will be moved on one way or another

Sissoko will be replaced by someone else

He’s a twenty year old mainstay in a team competing for the Championship. If he keeps it up all season, based on recent precedent (Sess, Watkins, Maupay, Bowen, Madison, Benrahma) he’s probably already worth £20m+.
He's not just a mainstay it seems. Reading what Norwich fans say online, there's only been about 3 games where he's not been one of their three best players in a game.

From watching the actual games (which are difficult to stream), the pace of the championship so slow, he'll need a big bump in pace/power to make it in the PL.

Has he bulked up?

gZAKtmR.png

I’ll be tuning in to his match today against Forest. You’d expect Norwich to be comfortable in this one. I wanna see Skipp make a few more incisive forward passes. It’s clear he is accomplished at recycling possession (a la Hojberg).

Another game. Another rave review.

"Superbly gifted in transition phases"

Oooh, that's got me excited. A vital trait for a midfilder to thrive in a Mourinho side.

Back
Top Bottom