Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He picked up a yellow on 53. Let's see how he manages that.
Norwich lead 1-0. 30 mins to go.
Tettey off for Stiepermann even though Skippy is on a yellow. Also a couple of great subs. Knockhaert (Forest) on in the 71st scores in the 73rd, Todd Cantwell (Norwich) on in 76th and assists in 77th. - Instant impacts.

Tettey off for Stiepermann even though Skippy is on a yellow. Also a couple of great subs. Knockhaert (Forest) on in the 71st scores in the 73rd, Todd Cantwell (Norwich) on in 76th and assists in 77th. - Instant impacts.
Wouldn't mind bringing in Cantwell well as a project while Doherty ages. Especially if they don't manage promotion since he'll be cheaper.

Ive just messaged my mate who is an NCFC ST holder (and one of the few allowed in tonight) to ask what he thought... will report back

That didn't take long

Spurs twitter have completely taken over norwich lol

I guess he's one of the top 3/4 best players every week, but Norwich fans must be a bit put off by us at this point.

If I had twitter, I'd vote for him too lol

As promised, response from my mate who was there tonight :

"Excellent - quietly goes about his business and has fast become Mr Dependable. Protects the back 4 brilliantly. Great tackler of the ball and then plays a decent pass to set off attacks. A perfect link between defence and attack. Made a few silly errors in the early games of the season but has grown in confidence so much. This season will be good for him. Comes across as a sensible lad in interviews, got his head switched on and willing to work hard and learn. Must be good as hes keeping club legend Tettey out of the side!"

As promised, response from my mate who was there tonight :

"Excellent - quietly goes about his business and has fast become Mr Dependable. Protects the back 4 brilliantly. Great tackler of the ball and then plays a decent pass to set off attacks. A perfect link between defence and attack. Made a few silly errors in the early games of the season but has grown in confidence so much. This season will be good for him. Comes across as a sensible lad in interviews, got his head switched on and willing to work hard and learn. Must be good as hes keeping club legend Tettey out of the side!"
He describes him like we would describe Hojbjerg...

He describes him like we would describe Hojbjerg...
Imagine going from our years long DM headache to having possibly the best DM in the league as well as his successor tearing up the championship.

You wait for a DM all these years and two turn up at once.

Also, I remember a quote from Farke last week where he said Skipp doesn't make many mistakes, for me this is huge. I could count on one hand the number of times PEH made a shit pass that had us scrambling to defend. Unlike say Dier or Sissoko who simply can't be trusted not fuck something up and therefore have to be kept off the ball as much as possible.

With Skipp and PEH we could afford to not hoof it so much, thereby inviting uneeded pressure. We could turn an oppositon press into a "counter attack" much quicker than now. Since Sissoko always has to pass it back to the keeper or give it to PEH/Ndombele to actually do something.

Back
Top Bottom