Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I found him very underwhelming from what I see at the start but a bit of proper mens football week in week out is looking like it's going to be the making of him. 100% he takes winks spot next year in my eyes.

I wasn’t excited about Skipp a few years back but I saw him play for us in the CL against Bayern when we lost 3-1 and I have to say he was getting right stuck in which few of our other players did. I thought he had balls to do that and wasn’t scared of the best.

He has since gone to the Championship and become the best Norwich midfielder. He is feisty, reads the game well, not bad at passing and has lots of energy, bit like PEH. Excited to see him next season.

Anyone know what Skippy's contract situation is?
I expect there will be some interest in him come the summer so if we haven't got him tied down for at least a couple of years the club should definitely be thinking about an extension.

Thanks for that post.

As a matter of interest, if there are a couple of HG that can be brought through at that stage, who are the likeliest candidates?

I'm assuming Skipp and Sessegnon become first team squad players next season 21/22

In 22/23 the couple I am expecting to get into the first team may come from - Parrott, White, Eyoma, Cirkin, Walcott, Clarke, Austin, Okedina and Lavinier, might be a few others on the list of possibles. Of course I'd prefer more than one or two of them to make the grade

Eyoma has had decent amount of playing time at Lincoln this season and age 21 so might get into first team in 21/22 as might the surprise addition to EL squad Lavinier if he plays in the 2nd half of this season.

I'm also assuming that Devine and Scarlett may play in odd games next season and 22/23 but more likely to become regulars in 23/24 when 19, but we might be lucky to get them playing regularly in 22/23 ?

Last edited:
Scenes on this forum if he just turns out to be top of the champo standard..

Some, not evryone, are pinning our entire revival on him.

Literally have seen none who would say that.

His bar is to be better than Winks and Sissoko + backup and alternative to Hjojberg.
Not to captain us through next season as DM, unbeaten and with 10 goals +15 assist from DM position.

He is young HG player who can help the team already a lot just by replacing Sissoko for example.

I wasn’t excited about Skipp a few years back but I saw him play for us in the CL against Bayern when we lost 3-1 and I have to say he was getting right stuck in which few of our other players did. I thought he had balls to do that and wasn’t scared of the best.

He has since gone to the Championship and become the best Norwich midfielder. He is feisty, reads the game well, not bad at passing and has lots of energy, bit like PEH. Excited to see him next season.

Nice synergies with PEH and Ndombele as well. I'd like to see Pierre play more no8 and less no6

Nice synergies with PEH and Ndombele as well. I'd like to see Pierre play more no8 and less no6

Didnt think about that but you are correct. PEH is a Jordan Henderson more than a Fabinho, a ball winning combative number 8, if Skipp plays the 6 role it should help PEH.

Literally have seen none who would say that.

His bar is to be better than Winks and Sissoko + backup and alternative to Hjojberg.
Not to captain us through next season as DM, unbeaten and with 10 goals +15 assist from DM position.

He is young HG player who can help the team already a lot just by replacing Sissoko for example.

We should ask the right questions:

Is he good enough for
1. the first XI
2. the matchday squad XVIII
3. the 25 man full squad?

It's a retrospective question too: Look at the players in his position in the three sequences about.

As a number 6 or emergency 8, I see him him as no less viable as Winks (present floorlevel) or Sissoko (terrible value). IMHO he'd push either 1 position down in the 25 man squad instantly.

Back
Top Bottom