OTHER MATCHES FRED 2016-17

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes I get that but what I meant was what had he achieved to be England manager

What do I know as I didn't want Poch....
:walkercry:
Id say he is the best qualified, he is from the system, many of these players he managed and did well at U21 level. For this reason alone he has more international experience than any English manager, gets my vote, but you can see what he is trying to attempt. All I heard from fans when Previous managers were in charge was play the kids, well he is doing just that and he's the only one to finally bin off Rooney.

Let the players go on holiday now ffs.
Anyway, we got Marcus Edwards to look forward to in the U19 European championships
(played in Georgia) starting the beginning of July. Scorchio!

We could have had a manager who gave us an England team that was worth watching, without the excuse of "time", but the Telegraph decided to sell a few rags and clicks instead.

The UK has to be the worst for self-abusive behavior from the tabloids. If WW3 broke out now, the Sun would be serialising our military plans.

Southgate did do well with the under 21 but what has he achieved as a manager?

Apart from taking Middlesbrough down that is

Ive nothing against him and hope he does well but I just can't see it

Id say he is the best qualified, he is from the system, many of these players he managed and did well at U21 level. For this reason alone he has more international experience than any English manager, gets my vote, but you can see what he is trying to attempt. All I heard from fans when Previous managers were in charge was play the kids, well he is doing just that and he's the only one to finally bin off Rooney.

So he "binned off Rooney"

And?

Can't stand Rooney but he wd have been better than Ox tonight

No, no we wouldn't have been. One word Iceland.

Don't see what a supermarket has to do with it but seriously my point is that although Rooney's best days are long gone he would have been better than the Ox

He was shite is shite always has been shite so why pick him?

Agreed.

Rooney would have been twice as bad.

Twice as bad as Ox???
:dembelelol:

And you wonder why you get binned and a lot of other posters have you on ignore

Not that I would as you amuse me

Terry Venables. Dossing about in Alicante Spain.

Is he?

Last 'great' England performance for me was 1996 against Holland!

Really thought we would go on to win it!

Don't see what a supermarket has to do with it but seriously my point is that although Rooney's best days are long gone he would have been better than the Ox

He was shite is shite always has been shite so why pick him?
Why did Poch pick certain players (Ade, Capone, Stambouli etc). You give everyone a clean slate, let them show what they can do, let thier performance dictate their selection. If OX starts again then question him.

Back to Jones, he has earned the right to be in the squad after tonight. He had clearly bought into what's asked if him, more performances like tonight can only be good for England. Just like having players like Kane, Rose buying into Poch and outperforming the bigger names. It's how teams get built.

Twice as bad as Ox???
:dembelelol:

And you wonder why you get binned and a lot of other posters have you on ignore

Not that I would as you amuse me

Rooneys absolute shit. Even worse when he's played out of position as a central midfield.

As shit as Chamberlain is in that position, at least he's got some sort of athleticism.

Nice to see you bring logical discussion to the board. But that's you all over. Post a smiley and insult.

"Rooney would have been better" - despite not telling anyone why he would actually be better. Or is it because his name is Wayne Rooney and he's England's top goalscorer?

Why did Poch pick certain players (Ade, Capone, Stambouli etc). You give everyone a clean slate, let them show what they can do, let thier performance dictate their selection. If OX starts again then question him.

Back to Jones, he has earned the right to be in the squad after tonight. He had clearly bought into what's asked if him, more performances like tonight can only be good for England. Just like having players like Kane, Rose buying into Poch and outperforming the bigger names. It's how teams get built.

I was impressed with jones tonight, pretty decent pro-active defender imo.

Rooneys absolute shit. Even worse when he's played out of position as a central midfield.

As shit as Chamberlain is in that position, at least he's got some sort of athleticism.

Nice to see you bring logic discussion to the board. But that's you all over. Post a smiley and insult.

I've given my opinion on Rooney which is similar to yours

I disagree with you about Ox and I don't give a fuck about his athleticism
He's shite and proved it beyond all doubt tonight!

Now where did I insult you?

But I confess to the smiley but I thought it appropriate in view of your posts

But it was a meaningless friendly so how can you judge?

So you're saying we haven't got anyone better than Phil Jones

Really?

Back
Top Bottom