Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was but by the usual ridiculous millimeters
This is the thing that gets me with VAR.

Most reviews are looking for clear and obvious errors, and requires pretty obvious proof to overturn a call on the field. Only with offsides do they pull out drawing lines and “clear and obvious” goes completely out the window.

just imagine if they were checking for a penalty and whether the defender got ball, and started drawing arrays of the ball movement to make a determination. It is so stupid.

It’s not a wrong call. It’s just a shit call.
It's insane to be confident one way or another on such a close decision given the constraints of the technology.

IF both cursors were selected at the very millimeter where each player is on the image, you still need to contend with the fact that we're not even sure if we are looking at the right frame from when the ball was struck in the first place. We're also getting down to such fine margins that the image quality is not precise enough, the video frame rate is not high enough, etc.

You can't say one way or another if it was a "right" call because the technology itself is not even precise enough to make decisions that are this close.

This is the thing that gets me with VAR.

Most reviews are looking for clear and obvious errors, and requires pretty obvious proof to overturn a call on the field. Only with offsides do they pull out drawing lines and “clear and obvious” goes completely out the window.

just imagine if they were checking for a penalty and whether the defender got ball, and started drawing arrays of the ball movement to make a determination. It is so stupid.
They reckon its like goalline technology, black and white. But the technology we have means it's not

They draw the lines just not show them. It brings us in line with fifa who advise against showing the lines. It was a change this season
With how long it takes to draw them, there was absolutely no way they could have checked City's goal earlier today.

I'm not even sure if that one was offsides, but the game was back way too quickly for them to have drawn them and they normally show them drawing them even when it ends up not being offsides.

With how long it takes to draw them, there was absolutely no way they could have checked City's goal earlier today.

I'm not even sure if that one was offsides, but the game was back way too quickly for them to have drawn them and they normally show them drawing them even when it ends up not being offsides.
Didnt see it but that's what was announced in the summer

Didnt see it but that's what was announced in the summer
They wouldn’t want people to see what a shoddy process it actually is.

I don’t know why they can’t still review plays for offsides, but make it where it has to be clear and obvious. If you need to draw lines and analyze in three different angles, it doesn’t fit that qualification.

I'm watching Frankfurt vs Wolfsburg. 2-1 to Frankfurt after 25 minutes. Both teams playing entertaining football.

Hütter (the Frankfurt coach) is my pick to replace Jose.

Koen Casteel who we have been linked with is in goal for Wolfsburg. And Weghorst who we were linked with in the summer is their number 9.
Indeed. Adolf Hutter would be a great fit with Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom