OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does nobody else think the Mbappe goal was offside? They never showed the angle with the computerized lines like Clattenburg claimed would show he was onside…

Does nobody else think the Mbappe goal was offside? They never showed the angle with the computerized lines like Clattenburg claimed would show he was onside…
The studio on the feed I am watching are more or less in agreement that the goal was offside.

Including the mandatory "It was PL refs manning the booth. Of course they got VAR wrong" take.

Is that how it works now? Deflections cancel any offside call?
It wasnt a deflection as such. Their player 'deliberately' tried to touch the ball, so its considered onside. If he hadnt tried to touch it but the ball just bounces of him, then its not 'deliberate' , then its offside.

Funky rules.

Defender touched the ball, making it onside.
What you got to say about Deschamps now BC? 2 big trophies my man. He's dragging his plucky side to the top of world football on a wing and prayer. Not too many managers will be able to point to a record like his. And that's not even considering he might have another WC in him. The world needs more water carriers is the take home lesson.

It wasnt a deflection as such. Their player 'deliberately' tried to touch the ball, so its considered onside. If he hadnt tried to touch it but the ball just bounces of him, then its not 'deliberate' , then its offside.

Funky rules.
Right but he only had to deliberately go for it because of the player - in an offside position - making the run. In my opinion if the attacking team plays a ball intended for a player in an offside position and it deflects (deliberate or not), then it’s still offside.

What you got to say about Deschamps now BC? 2 big trophies my man. He's dragging his plucky side to the top of world football on a wing and prayer. Not too many managers will be able to point to a record like his. And that's not even considering he might have another WC in him. The world needs more water carriers is the take home lesson.

It’s like watching PSG managed by Sean Dyche, skank their way to a French League Cup win and then celebrating like Leicester winning the PL.

With the outrageous quality Deschamps has at his disposal, he takes winning about as close as it's scientifically possible to losing.

Back
Top Bottom