Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

😂😂people here say that about every player the club dont sign.
Its madness
Exemplified no other than Batshuayi, who created a rage when Chavs signed him for £30m 5yrs ago and has been landed out allover Europe since unable to break into any first team, currently at Palace warming their bench for 2 seasons now.
Excuse me, but that kid whose name I can't remember that Pochettino tried to sign for two years running is a much better example than even Batshuayi.

Fuck... what was his name? The striker that probably isn't even a professional footballer anymore.

edit: SAIDO BERAHINO!!!

Last edited:
Excuse me, but that kid whose name I can't remember that Pochettino tried to sign for two years running is a much better example than even Batshuayi.

Fuck... what was his name? The striker that probably isn't even a professional footballer anymore.

Hahaha, yes what a classic. But in fairness fans weren't really losing their shit over him, most saw it as a punt because they had a good partnership at England U21's as I recall, but I certainly don't recall an enthusiastic feels towards him outside of those that are enthusiastic to literally any signing even if they've never heard of them.

Hahaha, yes what a classic. But in fairness fans weren't really losing their shit over him, most saw it as a punt because they had a good partnership at England U21's as I recall, but I certainly don't recall an enthusiastic feels towards him outside of those that are enthusiastic to literally any signing even if they've never heard of them.
I think you've got it backwards.

I remember a hell of a lot more hair-pulling and "FFS LEVY PAY THE MONEY" over Berahino than there ever, ever was for Max Meyer.

I remember a hell of a lot more hair-pulling and "FFS LEVY PAY THE MONEY" over Berahino than there ever, ever was for Max Meyer.
From my memory that was by those who say that about any player, for which there are a few.

But form the majority there was massive debate as to whether he was any good as he certainly wasn't scoring for WBA and like I said the only positives were that he was young and had formed a good partnership with Kane in Eng U21's that hardly anyone had witnessed.

Berhinio was the starter, kane was his partner sometimes sub if I remember correctly

But you know what your saying don't really follow. Its a sliding doors moment. That Berahino is shit now dose not mean had Pochettino got him he wouldn't have been a success. He might have flowered under Poch working alongside Kane becomes a model pro and is the third man in an axis that wins us the league and European Cup. There are too many variables. Its never as binary as dodged a bullet signed Harry Kane.

But you know what your saying don't really follow. Its a sliding doors moment. That Berahino is shit now dose not mean had Pochettino got him he wouldn't have been a success. He might have flowered under Poch working alongside Kane becomes a model pro and is the third man in an axis that wins us the league and European Cup. There are too many variables. Its never as binary as dodged a bullet signed Harry Kane.
Oh, I think we can say that we dodged a bullet. No, we can't be certain beyond all reasonable doubt that Pochettino could not have worked wonders with him, but it's about as close as close can be, and readily obvious to everyone that Berahino was a flash in the pan.

That's before you take into account Poch's infamous 18 month adjustment period for new signings.

Oh, I think we can say that we dodged a bullet. No, we can't be certain beyond all reasonable doubt that Pochettino could not have worked wonders with him, but it's about as close as close can be, and readily obvious to everyone that Berahino was a flash in the pan.

That's before you take into account Poch's infamous 18 month adjustment period for new signings.
Disagree because this is exactly what makes sport and professional football so impossible to call. He was riding high had sound technical gifts was quick, he needed the kind of Dad figure that Dele did. We will never know what could have been I'm totally against the dodged bullet analogy with players. Its way too simplistic. One coaches flash in the pan is anothers shooting star.

Disagree because this is exactly what makes sport and professional football so impossible to call. He was riding high had sound technical gifts was quick, he needed the kind of Dad figure that Dele did. We will never know what could have been I'm totally against the dodged bullet analogy with players. Its way too simplistic. One coaches flash in the pan is anothers shooting star.
Agree with this.

However on Berahino, I think we did dodge a bullet and I thought he was great and definitely wanted to sign him

He started great and just went downhill at an alarming rate. He's still only 27 and can't make it in the Belgium League after having a host of clubs.
He said that the speculation over his future when at WBA unsettled him, which is fair enough for a young player.
Had to serve a ban for MDMA whilst at WBA.
Whilst at Stoke he was banished to the U23 for poor discipline
Basically every manager has criticised his attitude and work rate.
Videoed inhaling nitrous oxide
2012 arrested for drink driving
2014 arrested for drink driving
2019 arrested for drink driving

Probably a deeply troubled individual who wasted his natural talent.

Maybe, just maybe, with the right coach (Poch) he could of sorted himself out but I doubt it.

Agree with this.

However on Berahino, I think we did dodge a bullet and I thought he was great and definitely wanted to sign him

He started great and just went downhill at an alarming rate. He's still only 27 and can't make it in the Belgium League after having a host of clubs.
He said that the speculation over his future when at WBA unsettled him, which is fair enough for a young player.
Had to serve a ban for MDMA whilst at WBA.
Whilst at Stoke he was banished to the U23 for poor discipline
Basically every manager has criticised his attitude and work rate.
Videoed inhaling nitrous oxide
2012 arrested for drink driving
2014 arrested for drink driving
2019 arrested for drink driving

Probably a deeply troubled individual who wasted his natural talent.

Maybe, just maybe, with the right coach (Poch) he could of sorted himself out but I doubt it.
Yeag but Stevee the essential point is the intangible. We Can not say that's the point. I know from my own life maybe you do from your own open one door and it goes very differently. This is the point I'm making. Not he was great or he is shit now I personally was never convinced but I don't think what happened 100% proves I was right. Lifes too random.

Just pay what they want
:bentley:

Back
Top Bottom