Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

(Only thread I can think of to post this)

Obviously there's more media stories today how Erling Haaland today, this one being his Dad and his agent seemingly meeting with Real & Barca.

Honestly I seriously feel for Dortmund as a club right now, they're in pretty much the exact same position as ourselves with Kane and historically with our players, the media are acting like no great player should ever play for anyone outside of their favorites, especially Real & Barca, but also the Sky 4 over here.

Dortmund have basically nurtured Haaland and gave him the chance to be the breakout star he is yet the world's football media have seemingly a complete desperation to unsettle him and move him out of there, giving yet another advantage to the same old clubs.

I honestly believe football as a sport will eventually stagnate around the world as people will get sick of the same old clubs being given all the advantages all the time.
The big fish will always prey on the little fish. Haaland was hot property before joining Dortmund, they didn't give him a breakout chance. If anything, they took the talent Salzburg nurtured.

Obviously there's more media stories today how Erling Haaland today, this one being his Dad and his agent seemingly meeting with Real & Barca.

Honestly I seriously feel for Dortmund as a club right now, they're in pretty much the exact same position as ourselves with Kane and historically with our players, the media are acting like no great player should ever play for anyone outside of their favorites, especially Real & Barca, but also the Sky 4 over here.

Dortmund have basically nurtured Haaland and gave him the chance to be the breakout star he is yet the world's football media have seemingly a complete desperation to unsettle him and move him out of there, giving yet another advantage to the same old clubs.

I honestly believe football as a sport will eventually stagnate around the world as people will get sick of the same old clubs being given all the advantages all the time.
I don't feel sorry for Dortmund at all.

Before signing for them Haaland insisted on a release clause of @ £60m that kicks in next summer. He also insisted that he gets @ half of that fee himself, if reports are to be believed.
Obviously, this shows that Haaland has no intention of staying there and is using them as a stepping stone to one of the giant clubs.
Dortmund have no one to blame but themselves.
They would probably prefer to offload him this summer for a big fee than next summer when they'll get relatively little for him.

It is nothing like Kane's situation,imo.

How would Barca even afford Haaland? Aren't they severely in the red? I'd like to see him in the Premier League, even if it's not going to be with us obviously. Can't stand the toxic, handkerchief waving Spanish clubs.

How would Barca even afford Haaland? Aren't they severely in the red? I'd like to see him in the Premier League, even if it's not going to be with us obviously. Can't stand the toxic, handkerchief waving Spanish clubs.
I would much rather see him at the Spanish hankie wavers than the blue wearing swastika wavers he is heavily linked with
:avbfu:

I would much rather see him at the Spanish hankie wavers than the blue wearing swastika wavers he is heavily linked with
:avbfu:

Each to their own. I want to see the best players playing in England. It's not like we're even close to City anyway in regards to quality or challenging for the title. We have to catch up with United first.

In this case, and generally with Dortmund, they knew exactly what they were getting into. Most clubs understand how the model works, buying low and selling for profit, is a huge part of that model. It's just fans that seem to really struggle with the concept.

Man City unlikely to buy Sergio Aguero replacement this summer - Pep Guardiola
Aguero replacement unlikely - Guardiola

Claiming clubs are struggling and fees too high. Just feels like the first shot from City in trying to reduce the cost of someone like Kane or Haaland, rather than a definitive ‘we won’t buy a striker’ bollocks

He’s talking out his arse. Usual bollocks from him, he likes to play down their disgusting heaps of blood money because their spending power makes his achievements as a coach look much less impressive.

He made the mistake of not replacing Kompany when he left and it was a disaster, he won’t do it again.

They knew this would be the case when they bought him completely different from Kane imo. They got him for 10m because they did the same that is happening to them from the club they bought him from. he had a buyout clause and he put one in his dortmund deal. They will have him for 3 years and make £50m, he was always going this way.

He really is a football cancer.

Sadly, I suppose this is where player power was always going to go when unscrupulous people (the players included) got their way.

The fact countries allow an agent to get more money in one transfer than their female national team does in what, 10 years combined, is asinine.

I do realize this is the private side of the game, but Mendes and Co. do nothing for the sport. Rapinoe and co are fighting for real change and just get laughed at, while continuing to show their class on and off the pitch.

Nobody has ever actually explained to me what does an agent do to deserve that kind of money. And why do you need to play the player's father?

It's so corrupt it's laughable but that's football for you.
Why does a player of haalands stature need an agent? He knows his worth. Tell the club what he wants, little extra because of no agent. Few years not happy transfer again 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom