Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool have themselves to blame. Imagine just not paying what Southampton want, only to go and big double on Caicedo instead.

Lavia probably just thought "fuck em"

If this was Spurs, they'd be accused of gaslighting their fans with 'staged' interest in signings.............

Well after a bit of youtube scouting I think Brighton have discovered another gem.......young and raw but there is potential there. Bit like our own Mousa Dembele imo

So Chelsea have spent what, 900 million since Boehly and his consortium took over?

When does it end? How are they expecting to stay within FFP?

So here’s the bit I don’t understand (not an accountant in any way shape or form).

If you can ‘amortise’ (if that’s a verb) the value of a contract for any given year, and essentially divide your expenditure by the length of the contract, why do you also get to benefit from the full value of a sale immediately?

So, you have 100 million pound player on a ten year contract and can say ‘I’ve only spent 10 million this year’. Fine.

But for Havertz by way of example, they’re claiming the full value of his sale immediately to the tune of 65 million. Shouldn’t the same principle apply; they only get the annual value of that sale, being whatever Woolwich give them this calendar year?

That’s pretty straightforward as r-u-s-x r-u-s-x explained.

What I don’t get is, if the Premier League have now limited amortisation on players to 5 years why Chelsea are still giving players eight year contracts. I can see some upsides (it could potentially avoid the running down contract player gambit) but seems to have massive potential pitfalls if they end up poor signings or injury prone.

Football continues to accelerate towards its LIV golf moment.

I fully appreciate that it’s not quite the same and that the underlying cultural value of European clubs does carry weight, but the Super League is going to arrive one way or another.

We should be buying Brighton’s scouts!

I know what you're saying, but the scouts aren't worth much without the overarching system supporting it. What you want is to bring someone in, with the skill set to implement a similar scouting network and analytics behind it. Give them full control over, if not football operations then at least transfer strategy.

Not holding my breath on Levy being willing to do so. If he were though, someone like Haralabos Voulgaris springs to mind. He's dipping his toe into football waters, and if I owned a football club, I'd be keeping a close eye on what he does or does not achieve in Spain.

Brighton only sign class players. Amazing scouting

People said that of Southampton for a while too.

The fact that Cucurella bombed and they have/had the likes of Lallana, Maupay,, Welbeck & a 37yr old MIlner on the books ought to suggest to some extent that it's a system of play that's the star here........

That's not to say they haven't picked up some gems; but one should be cautious buying from them through fear of the proverbial Lovrens, Shneiderlins, Lamberts etc.

Ajax are set to sign Chuba Akpom from Middlesbrough. The Dutch club have reached an agreement with the Championship side as well as the player which will see the 27-year-old move for €12million (£10.4m, $13.2m) plus in €2m add-ons.

The forward enjoyed a standout season for Middlesbrough last season, scoring 29 goals in 42 games in all competitions.

Odd; selling your star striker in their prime for such little money....

Apologies if it has already been discussed but just heard about Neymar's contract in Saudi...

£130m/year
$500k for each social media post promoting Saudi
Unlimited use of private jet
29 room house and full staff
Every bill paid for things bought in Saudi (restaurants, hotels, etc).
Fleet of luxury cars

Takes the piss, even by Saudi standards.

City have lost Mahrez, Gundogan and for 4 months De Bruyne.

They look blunt and will not win the league or CL as they are now and without reinforcements.

It's an open PL but of course we won't be in that mix.

Back
Top Bottom