Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really want to see a Swiss ramble type forensic look at how Chelsea are spending all this money on fees and wages within the ffp accounting phase (amortisation is obviously one trick) and what the long term ramifications are in terms of finances and ffp going forward.

This level of spending and number of players in a short space of time is unprecedented, never seen anything like it.
Am I correct in saying that if a player is sold by their club the wages that they are owed for the remainder of the contract are paid for by the selling club?

Man City have just signed a 14 year kid from Leicester's Academy for 1.2m
Tyrese Noubissie is a highly talented French midfielder.
Woolwich and other EPL teams were also interested in him apparently

Am I correct in saying that if a player is sold by their club the wages that they are owed for the remainder of the contract are paid for by the selling club?
You are not right, normally wages stop. Maguire transfer didn't happen because he was trying to get his wages for the rest of his contract

Normally only if club are desperate to get rid and the player is on a lot higher wage will a negotiation happen.

If they haven't requested the transfer will probably get a loyalty bonus.

Last edited:
So if in three years these Chelsea signings aren’t playing or out of favour are Chelsea on the hook for the remainder of these contracts. That’s a potential massive loss

Absolutely....... Unless you breach your contract; the money is as good as yours.

In the short-term I reckon their slush-funders are happy to pay any impending FFP fine.

It was inevitable that someone would opt to stick two fingers up at it eventually......... Though it might be Newcastle, but no-one can be too suprised that it's dirty Chavs.
In the short term long contracts and Saudi purchases remove ffp.

Just read today that amortisarion over 5 years is a uefa rule change not PL. So for PL OK, when back in europe next year wonder how it effects them

That's supposing they start to reign it in though.... I suspect they won't.

That the UEFA & EPL opt to have two diff. sets of rules is a total recipe for a clusterfuck.
They always had different rules to some extent . Spain has a whole different set of rules compared to ueffa, I'm pretty sure France too.

Quick Google
FFP also keeps an eye on a club's losses. Currently, UEFA permits clubs to lose €60m over a three-year period while the Premier League has a much higher threshold at £105m. However, it is important to note owners must provide £90m of cash injections to cover that cost.

After reading this, I'm totally speechless..

Brazil forward Neymar, 31, requested a 25-room mansion, swimming pool and sauna, eight workers to keep his house tidy, nine cars and all expenses paid for travel, restaurants and hotels when he signed for Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal. (Cope via Goal)

Really strange one this. before this summer and ManC showing interest in him, nobody really had him as an "elite" club type signing at this stage. Especially not Europe's best club. he's a lively fucker for sure and has some ability, he does make things happen, can cause some mayhem, but is a bit erratic and still a bit raw. I mean he's only 21, so there is big potential there, but I would have thought his next move would have been a second tier club.

These players going there are mercenary fucks, most will be crying within a year or two and looking for a return to Europe.

You can't buy history and tradition, this Saudi league is no long-term threat to the PL or the major clubs in Europe.
I tend to agree with all of this, to be clear.

But Europe being the sole home of elite football talent globally is not a timeless historical condition of the game, it dates to like the 80's at the earliest. And that talent being centralized into like 12-15 teams and shrinking is an even more unnatural condition.

The game would be better off with a greater disbursement of talent and interest and the PL will survive and thrive under those circumstances.

I'd prefer that disbursement to Brazil and Argentina than Saudi Arabia and China, and that would be more sustainable, but anything beats a grim, inevitable march to a closed shop ESL ruling the world like the American leagues do in their (much less globally popular) sports.

Back
Top Bottom