Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a strange move. He was getting game time at Villa and wanted more game time..how's that going to happen at Chelsea?

What a strange move. He was getting game time at Villa and wanted more game time..how's that going to happen at Chelsea?
It's smart. It's also very indicative of what the new Chelsea will be. In 18 months they will look more like the first Poch Spurs team on profile of player. They will bleed off high earning older pros and bet the farm on the youth set up and smart pick ups like this. The problem is there's no guarantees for every Kane a dozen Winks Bentelebs and Masons. I have never felt more certain that we will surpass them in the short term. We have a window lads we must back Conte.

It's smart. It's also very indicative of what the new Chelsea will be. In 18 months they will look more like the first Poch Spurs team on profile of player. They will bleed off high earning older pros and bet the farm on the youth set up and smart pick ups like this. The problem is there's no guarantees for every Kane a dozen Winks Bentelebs and Masons. I have never felt more certain that we will surpass them in the short term. We have a window lads we must back Conte.
Praying it's the right to play them in a couple of weeks , defensively they need players with now Sarr also on the way out and Cesar, Alonso etc not wanting to be there.
Will be Surprised if Tuchel is still there come the start of next season.

8c722d164a7e5cb5c592a33aa5defef5.png

Pogba out 35 days…

Deuterz Deuterz

Thoughts on this-

I think unless City make more transfers at either full back or RW, I'd have Liverpool as favourites for PL.

City have lost Zinchenko, Sterling, Jesus (as well as Mendy midway through last season). Full backs haven't been replaced, with Haaland Alvarez coming in.

Alvarez is a massive risk, not easy to go from River Plate to PL without an intermediate league as a bridge. No strength in depth at full back.

Liverpool I had some doubts about- but Nunez looks impressive so Mane leaving may not hugely damage them.

Deuterz Deuterz

Thoughts on this-

I think unless City make more transfers at either full back or RW, I'd have Liverpool as favourites for PL.

City have lost Zinchenko, Sterling, Jesus (as well as Mendy midway through last season). Full backs haven't been replaced, with Haaland Alvarez coming in.

Alvarez is a massive risk, not easy to go from River Plate to PL without an intermediate league as a bridge. No strength in depth at full back.

Liverpool I had some doubts about- but Nunez looks impressive so Mane leaving may not hugely damage them.

I still have it as City. Narrowly. Nunez did look good but effectively replacing Mane across a season is a huge ask, his package in terms of both off the ball & on the ball is incredible and he was carrying Liverpool during their end of season run. Still think Liverpool lack a bit of midfield depth, too.

Like what I've seen from Alvarez thus far and think he will do well as a rotation option with Haaland, who looks a bit of a weird fit in the system so far but will 100% score plenty of goals. Their midfield is still miles ahead of the rest and that makes a huge difference across a season.

True but Salah was knackered last season due to internationals- but this season is the opposite as he'll have rest during World Cup break.
Are any of City's top players not going to the World Cup?

Just think City lack of depth, if their squad is as it is currently, will leave them exposed.

Salah could be huge for sure. Thought he looked really sharp in the community shield game. He seemed to fall off a cliff last season due to AFCON/contract negotiations but if he can avoid those distractions for a whole season then absolutely that could be the difference.

Mahrez & Haaland were the two that jumped to mind.

I expect them to still sign a LB. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they just ended up paying up for Cucurella now Chelsea have muscled in .. but I do agree they're definitely looking lighter in terms of wide forward options than they have for a while.

Details of the Chukwuemeka deal below. Barca & Milan offered 15m (or thereabouts) too.

I'm not convinced it's the right move for Chukwuemeka. He's the same England age group as Scarlett & Devine, & we've already loaned Dane out & are likely to the same with Alfie. At Villa, Chuk had already played several times (14 a/c to the article) for the first team.

From what I've seen, he's a technically gifted CM / AM who likes to show off his dribbling skills. So more of an impact sub than a starter in Tuchel's system.

Also, note that chavski are basically placing multi-million pound bets on the top young talent, hoping they get a winning lottery ticket.

Boehly buying those "first round draft picks".

---------------------------------------------------------------

Barça had offered a package worth a potential €15m (£12.5m) to Villa, albeit heavily incentivised, and Milan had put forward something similar. But Chelsea made contact with Villa last Friday and, with their co‑owner Todd Boehly negotiating directly with Villa’s chief executive, Christian Purslow, they reached agreement on an initial fee of £10m with a further £10m in potential add-ons.

Chukwuemeka, who has made 14 Premier League appearances for Villa – two in the starting XI – will now try to agree personal terms with Chelsea. Villa and Chelsea released a joint statement at 5.30pm BSTto confirm they had reached an agreement on the fee; it is unusual for this to happen before the player has finalised terms.

The likely arrival of Chukwuemeka follows Chelsea moving to buy the exciting 18-year-old midfielder Omari Hutchinson from Woolwich and the 18-year-old American goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina from Chicago Fire. There is a clear focus on bringing in more quality young players. Chelsea are targeting the 16-year-old Palmeiras forward Endrick, who is being courted by several of Europe’s biggest sides. They have also made two bids for Internazionale’s 19‑year‑old midfield prodigy Cesare Casadei.

Chelsea agree Carney Chukwuemeka deal and interested in Walker-Peters

Salah could be huge for sure. Thought he looked really sharp in the community shield game. He seemed to fall off a cliff last season due to AFCON/contract negotiations but if he can avoid those distractions for a whole season then absolutely that could be the difference.

Mahrez & Haaland were the two that jumped to mind.

I expect them to still sign a LB. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they just ended up paying up for Cucurella now Chelsea have muscled in .. but I do agree they're definitely looking lighter in terms of wide forward options than they have for a while.
They won’t sign Cucurella- City are actually very inflexible when it comes to negotiations.

I only have Liverpool above them if they sign no first team LB OR RW. If they sign either, then their strength in depth will be enough to carry them through.

They won’t sign Cucurella- City are actually very inflexible when it comes to negotiations.

I only have Liverpool above them if they sign no first team LB OR RW. If they sign either, then their strength in depth will be enough to carry them through.

That policy has to change somewhat eventually .. surely? Going in to the season with their current options at LB would be dodgy .. I know they did it with only Jesus at CF but Pep's system works extremely well with false 9's so it wasn't a huge issue.

Back
Top Bottom