Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure what UEFA can do about the Saudi League but it sounds to me like they're running scared, wouldn't be surprised if the join with the ESL to form some sort of Super League or something.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't see the issue with someone trying to make as much money as possible out of their short career.
Honesely don't see why people get worked up, if he wants to earn more money it's his life/career.
There is that.... but he's hardly on the breadline right now... I bet he's gonna suffer big time when the mortgage rate goes up.... How's he gonna scrape the pennies together??

He can also sign for Bayern, get paid well AND be in with a shout of winning meaningful trophies....
Mind you, he's spent the last few years winning pre-paid for trophies, so a stint in Saudi probably won't phase him ...

He's 33, so yes, probably the next move is his last...
Then again, Luka Modric is only 4 years older, and the perceived notion is that a 'retirement package' move to Saudi is a good idea....

I dunno, fuck them... They're rich enough, and coulda just stayed here and HELPED US win trophies.... Right... RIGHT?

There is that.... but he's hardly on the breadline right now... I bet he's gonna suffer big time when the mortgage rate goes up.... How's he gonna scrape the pennies together??

He can also sign for Bayern, get paid well AND be in with a shout of winning meaningful trophies....
Mind you, he's spent the last few years winning pre-paid for trophies, so a stint in Saudi probably won't phase him ...

He's 33, so yes, probably the next move is his last...
Then again, Luka Modric is only 4 years older, and the perceived notion is that a 'retirement package' move to Saudi is a good idea....

I dunno, fuck them... They're rich enough, and coulda just stayed here and HELPED US win trophies.... Right... RIGHT?

I don't think he particulaly cares about playing at the top level, I mean he went from playing in the CL with Porto to Wolves in the Championship. Think people should just accept that not everyone wants to follow the career of Ronaldo and Messi , football is a job to some of these players so why not get paid stupid amounts of money doing it in the process?

I don't think he particulaly cares about playing at the top level, I mean he went from playing in the CL with Porto to Wolves in the Championship. Think people should just accept that not everyone wants to follow the career of Ronaldo and Messi , football is a job to some of these players so why not get paid stupid amounts of money doing it in the process?

You also gotta assume that he's been sat at Wolves for the last few years waiting on a big move that (despite lots of rumored interest) never came(*)..... At some point he's likely ended up thinking "Fuck it! Time to get paid".

It's not for everyone at that stage of their career, but it will take a certain kind of person to turn down that kind of money.

(*Afterall, that was always the point behind the so-called Mendez model.... Get 'em on the EPL stage on low fees, boost their stock then sell to a big club and everyone - Wolves agent, player - wins.)

Forgot all about Chelsea signing Nkunku this summer. That could be a hell of a signing. They're desperate for a striker and I can see Osimhen ending up there. But Pochettino still has a hell of a job getting them playing as a team. You would think that would take some time.

Back
Top Bottom