Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If this was us we'd be ridiculing Levy for such a publicity stunt...

As it is, Brentford probably know what they're doing, and he'll be a superstar for them...

....for what it's worth, Brooklyn Beckham once sat on my neck (bear with me) when I was 'Doodles' doing an aftershow Tweenies 'meet & greet' at the M.E.N arena back in the day....

Paul Scholes, Phil Neville and their families were also there...

Not really related to this thread, except it was his brother!!

True story that!

Just how in the name of justice and fairness can Chelsea still be able to buy players?

Fcuk sake the PL need to get a fcuking grip.

Totally fcuking disgusting.

Rotten vile entity.
A real answer , the PL ffp rules are based on company accounts that are backward looking and their accounts covering the new spending haven't been published. We laugh at Spain and Barcelona but their rules are on current spending

Neves going to the Saudi league when he's only 26. What a waste - just a stupid, money move on his part. So much for all his CL ambitions and big talk earlier on.

Great business for Wolves though.

Neves going to Saudi. He's always rattled on and on about craving Champions League football for a top club. Shows that money is the most important thing to him.

He should go, he'll have a fun time In Germany picking up some different titles and going far in the CL. He's done it all at City now there's no point staying and becoming a rotational player.
Looks like it will happen, great move for him after 6 extremely successful years at City (14 trophies, fucking hell).

It's getting even sillier now, with the Arab countries beginning to wield way too much power.

Again the football authorities are complicit to this financial excess.

Creating footballers who are infinitely greater paid than their talent suggests and leading to an even greater distirtion from reality..

In fairness, he’s gone from loadsa money to absolutely fucking ridiculous money. Family will be set for generations to come.
True yes. But he was talking about playing in the CL, all the ambitions to win something significant, etc., then takes the easy money.

He's a footballer in the prime years of his career, already super wealthy and, as far as I'm concerned, he's wasting his talent in a crap league in a country that I have little respect for. (Remember Oscar at Chelsea? Disappeared in China and pissed away his talents). Plenty of time to cash-in towards the end of your career if that's ya thing.

Money and greed overrule everything for some folk unfortunately.

Last edited:
True yes. But he was talking about playing in the CL, all the ambitions to win something significant, etc., then takes the easy money.

He's a footballer in the prime years of his career, already super wealthy and, as far as I'm concerned, he's wasting his talent in a crap league in a country that I have little respect for. (Remember Oscar at Chelsea? Disappeared in China and pissed away his talents). Plenty of time to cash-in towards the end of your career if that's ya thing.

Money and greed overrule everything for some folk unfortunately.
Agreed.
This is quite the coup for the Saudis whose league was in danger of becoming a rest home for the overaged, past-his-best superstar.
Great to see Modric resisting even though he had a massive offer.

Agreed.
This is quite the coup for the Saudis whose league was in danger of becoming a rest home for the overaged, past-his-best superstar.
Great to see Modric resisting even though he had a massive offer.
This signing could be the game changer. It’s relatively easy, with bottomless cash, to attract guys at the end of their career. Less easy to attract ones in their peak. Neves could be the first domino here.

FWIW, I think people underestimate the Pro League. Been going about 50 years and attract very decent and knowledgeable crowds. People who are questioning offering the old guys £200m a year when that gets them a couple of players like Neves instead.

And now four teams have basically been nationalized, with four more getting huge injections of “private equity” money (that has nothing to do with MBS or anyone he’s ever met, honest guv), their position of being around the 30th strongest league will be much higher soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom