Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

More exclusive details on Kovacić deal. Understand Manchester City will pay a guaranteed fee of £25m to Chelsea. £5m will be also included in add-ons to be activated only if/when Man City will win titles — not player’s performances.

Excellent business by City to be fair, I think he will do very well in their team.

If you think what Chelsea are up to is dodgy, imagine if this happens!

Not sure how true it is, but why could I see it end up happening.

Would be a great way around FFP. Saudis buy players then just lend them to Newcastle

Kovacic is a solid signing for City. He will fit into how they play with ease. He's a bit like Dembele in some ways, but still nowhere near as good, as fine a player as he is at his best.

I mean the source is Football Insider so take it with a massive grain of salt.

But if it's true that essentially fucked up

https://www.football365.com/news/Woolwich-rice-transfer-blow-west-ham-man-city-transfer-phillips

From West Ham's perspective you'd think this would be what they would prefer if it means they could get Phillips. I suspect they are less worried about how long it takes than Rice or the scum.

From West Ham's perspective you'd think this would be what they would prefer if it means they could get Phillips. I suspect they are less worried about how long it takes than Rice or the scum.

The most reliable West Ham ITK has pretty much said Rice only wants to go Woolwich as much as West Ham are trying to get a bidding war going hence the lack of urgency from them in reaching an agreement.

The most reliable West Ham ITK has pretty much said Rice only wants to go Woolwich as much as West Ham are trying to get a bidding war going hence the lack of urgency from them in reaching an agreement.

I really didnt think Rice was such a prick but then when you realise how quickly he switched his international teams maybe it is a bit easier to understand.

I really didnt think Rice was such a prick but then when you realise how quickly he switched his international teams maybe it is a bit easier to understand.
This 'super nice and down to earth kid'-act has always seemed very fake to me. He tends to say 'the right things' and especially West Ham fans have always fallen for it, but that's an entirely different matter.

Mr West Ham wants to go to a derby rival. Just imagine Kane desperate to go to Chelsea, that is basically what Rice is doing.

It wouldn’t be for anything if Rice didn’t go around before trying to kiss up to West Ham fans and make himself seem like their saviour. I live in a West Ham supporting area and quite a number of them are sick he is going there, not as bad as coming to us but it has soured the relationship.

If he went City or United I think it would be fine but Woolwich is a bit of a kick in the teeth for a player who apparently loves them.

My gooner mates on Havertz:

"Decent signing"
"Great addition"
"Good business"

Utter wet wipes.

I just don't get it. I mean if Woolwich make a good signing I'm not blinded by bias to pretend it's not. Declan Rice will be a very good signing. Pricey as hell. But he's a quality player with room to improve, and an improvement on Xhaka. But Havertz has no stand out features and doesn't even suit the way Arteta likes his Woolwich team to play. I think even Ollie Watkins would have been a much better fit and signing for them.

I wondered at the time when Rice went across to grab his little lad who was dressed in a West Ham kit and bouncing up and down in delight, how are you going to explain your move to Woolwich to him.
Rice was trying to play down the move and even suggesting he may stay at West Ham when the whole world knew he was moving on.

Mr West Ham wants to go to a derby rival. Just imagine Kane desperate to go to Chelsea, that is basically what Rice is doing.

It wouldn’t be for anything if Rice didn’t go around before trying to kiss up to West Ham fans and make himself seem like their saviour. I live in a West Ham supporting area and quite a number of them are sick he is going there, not as bad as coming to us but it has soured the relationship.

If he went City or United I think it would be fine but Woolwich is a bit of a kick in the teeth for a player who apparently loves them.

WH / Arse is barely a thing.....

It would be a bit like calling Spurs / Palace a London rivalry.

Back
Top Bottom