Our 2013-14 Home Kit “drops” 8 July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, but point is (I think) that HP will change their colour scheme for anyone who offeres the right money... Navy Blue/Yellow... they don't give a shit... it's not like LIGHT BLUE is set in ancient stone or owt!

They're corporate slags like the rest of them... I'm sure we coulda got Navy Blue for the home shirt without TOO much fuss! :levystare:

I wouldn't be surprised if the club are pretty happy that not all the sponsors want their logo in Spurs blue

it's pretty difficult to make the home kit distinguishable each year as it is........add a different / alien colour in and selling replica shirts year after year becomes easier

Hey... guess what? The HP logo is light blue, it's going to stay that way, it's a bit of a bummer but it's better than red... let's move on.
Haw-de-haw... careful what you wish for, eh??

Yeah, light blue, is always gonna be better than DEVIL RED I guess!!! At least it's a nod to our past!

In a way I prefer the sponsor not being the same as the bage so that there is seperation between the two. Sponsors are a sad necessity, I just care about the cockerel over the heart, you can put a picture of Ronald McDonald's face below that for all I care.

I think I'd like the away kit a bit more if the shorts were dark. But head to toe in that color is just over the top flamboyant IMO.

Few days later and I like the home kit more and more. Love the return to navy shorts and socks, and I still like the shirt a lot. Even the light HP logo has grown on me.

For anyone wanting to take a trip down Memory Lane, I've just finished updating my Spurs Kit History pages...

Tottenham Hotspur Home Strips 1882-2014

Tottenham Hotspur Away & Third Strips 1899-2014

Nice one, that is brilliant, I love musing through strips gone by - some great (and not so great) memories, but all part of Tottenham history :)

Only thing I would say (and sorry as I know it's being panickity) but the blue of our new away kit in the great link looks like the Puma 2010-11 away jobbie, you know the one where Bale scored 'that' goal at Stoke)...whereas from the pictures we have seen, its probably more like the blue of 2006-07 a la Edgar Davids (the one worn at Old Trafford away that year for some unbeknown reason)

Smashing links though, thanks

Few days later and I like the home kit more and more. Love the return to navy shorts and socks, and I still like the shirt a lot. Even the light HP logo has grown on me.

I'm the same, I thought it looked decent at first anyway....but now it has really grown on me.

My initial immediate thought was 'Blimey Derby County' home and away reminded me of Englands training shirt circa Italia 1990 with a hint of Man city black trim thrown in for good measure.

Sure looking at the kits over the years I am sure we all have slightly different tweaks we wish could have been made....light blue sponsor versus dark blue? That would be right at the bottom of the list of priorities in my book anyway.

Absolutely delighted to see navy shorts back, and we were due navy socks having had white for a few years now....it goes in a cycle, we'll probably have navy again next season, then a curve ball (such as hooped) then back to white again. I didn't mind the all white kit personally (as I adored Hummel '86) but still glad to see a navy return (let's leave all white for the European night matches?)

Intrigued to see what is in store for the 3rd kit....bring it on UA!

Weren't the Pony kits a load of pony. I remember the moment is saw it; 'Pony' I think we deserved every pony joke going...

I had a Pony branded Spurs backpack at school. The Spurs badge was half the size of the word PONY spread across the front.

...may as well have gotten a 'My Little Pony' rucksack

Keeper kit bro.

It totally twists my OCD melons when the keeper kits don't match the style of the corresponding outfield kits.

i.e. That green (assuming it's the away, and not the inevitable third keeper) shirt doesn't match the away kit style, it's got the same collar as the home one. I know they swap em about but still, would rather the same collar on all the shirts.

Do we know if we have a different cup sponsor, too? I literally can't wait for more shit to bitch about.

the third kit might be the green one in this vid @ 12 & 38 seconds?

Dunno about that, but what I DID notice was the pic of Vertonghen in the home kit was taken at Anfield, whereas the one of Defoe in the AWAY kit seems to have been taken at WHL..... I mean, seriously?

First the light blue logo, now this....
It's just one calamity after another with them thare 'Murrican clowns!!!!

Back
Top Bottom