Our luck.....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh dear Sammys multi quoting himself, get ready for the melt down part two.

The melt down, part two?

Well, considering the first melt down was you...."I WANT HIM TO HAVE AIDS, HE SHOULD DIE BECAUSE HE DOESN'T AGREE WITH ME ON A FORUM, I'M A DEPRESSING TWAT SO I THINK WE'RE GOING TO LOSE TO SHEFFIELD AND GET RELEGATED BECAUSE WE WON 4 GAMES, 90% OF PEOPLE LOVE ME, I'M AN INTERNET SENSATION, LOVE ME"

You got more for us, pal?

Haven't read the thread, can't be bothered, but are people genuinely saying we HAVEN'T been lucky this season?

:myword:

Same here, can't be arsed to read the thread but how anybody can say we have not been lucky this season is beyond me. IF that's what people are saying!

Better to read the thread....not the part where Brigante stalks me....but the stuff about luck.

People have said their points. Shouldnt have to repeat everything again because people dont want to read the thread. You are either interested (read it)...or you are not...(then dont ask)

:pochsmirk:

Better to read the thread....not the part where Brigante stalks me....but the stuff about luck.

People have said their points. Shouldnt have to repeat everything again because people dont want to read the thread. You are either interested (read it)...or you are not...(then dont ask)

:pochsmirk:

To be fair, neither asked for anything to get repeated. They're voicing there opinions.

Me voicing my opinion then without reading 11-pages.

Yes I feel we have been very very lucky.

Why the hell couldn't we have this sort of luck two or three seasons back when we were just about a top-4 side!

Well... it's decided then.
I'm never gonna rub my hands together and say "I feel lucky tonight" in front of you lot ever....

Astro "I feel lucky tonight"
Carlo "Lucks about to run out mate, you're due a cunting"
MKYid "Keep believing Astro....Now lets hold hands Ommmmmm"
Sammy "No such thing as luck, you're exactly where you deserve to be"
Blanch "For the last time Astro, it was Gary Player, not Faldo. Do you wanna borrow my Paul Mckenna tape?"
Mad Yid "Someone cast good Juju on you?"

Astro "Screw this, who wants a pint?"

Ommmmmm? I don't bloody ommmmm!!

I was just explaining the tangible concept of luck...but in brief. :cool:

The melt down, part two?

Well, considering the first melt down was you...."I WANT HIM TO HAVE AIDS, HE SHOULD DIE BECAUSE HE DOESN'T AGREE WITH ME ON A FORUM, I'M A DEPRESSING TWAT SO I THINK WE'RE GOING TO LOSE TO SHEFFIELD AND GET RELEGATED BECAUSE WE WON 4 GAMES, 90% OF PEOPLE LOVE ME, I'M AN INTERNET SENSATION, LOVE ME"

You got more for us, pal?

I'm talking about the last time sammy stormed off the board declaring he wasn't coming back. Proper flounce. Before your time though you utter nought.

I'm talking about the last time sammy stormed off the board declaring he wasn't coming back. Proper flounce. Before your time though you utter nought.

Considering you love to denounce everyones social life, job, intelligence, popularity and so on could you tell us what you actually do and who you are?

With that huge ego, surely you're a millionaire, famous and a genius among other things; surely you should be proud of who you are and what you've accomplished...

And yet you hide behind a made up character? How odd. Says quite a lot about you I'd imagine.

Considering you love to denounce everyones social life, job, intelligence, popularity and so on could you tell us what you actually do and who you are?

With that huge ego, surely you're a millionaire, famous and a genius among other things; surely you should be proud of who you are and what you've accomplished...

And yet you hide behind a made up character? How odd. Says quite a lot about you I'd imagine.

It's just a name of a film character mate. You do realise I'm not claiming to be a South American ex jail bird who runs a night club right?

Could say the same about Man U. Liverpool, amongst others, completely shat all over them at home but missed a handful of sitters. Man U had a couple of chances and buried them. the headlines were 'De Gea stars' and "clinical finishing by man U'
Could say the same about Liverpool, who if Bournemouth did not hit the post and miss chances, would have been out of the COC. However, Liverpool were 'outstanding'
Could say the same about Woolwich at home to Liverpool. It took a dive by Sanchez to win a free kick that got them a point.
Could say the same about Woolwich yesterday, another dive by Carzola got them a penalty and on their way.
ETc, etc, etc.

Thing is we have had games where we have missed untold chances/their keeper as had a blinder and get done with a sucker punch.
How many times have we totally dominated games but failed to put chances away because of bad finishing/great keeping and then conceded in the dying minutes?
Do we all rejoice in how dominant we were and curse the 'good luck' of the other team or do we all coat our team for bad finishing, not being able to finish and sing to shit 'so and so'?
To win games you have to take your chances. Don't and you might not. It's not luck.
The Man U game we could have gone one up first, but Man U were lucky because Kane missed a sitter. In fact we had two chance in the first 20 mins.

Maybe when we beat Swansea , Hull and Leicester maybe we should be saying the difference between us and them is that we were more clinical in front of goal. We went the full 90, never gave in and showed great character and have the best keeper in the world?
Maybe when Man U fail to beat us for the 3rd time in 3 seasons at ours -last time getting a point with a Welbeck dive, who was lucky then? - we should be saying either team could have won it. If both teams would have took all their chances and Lloris is better than De Gea.
We could even say Man U were lucky that Kane never put that first chance away as it may have been a different game?

Spam have just announced £10m profit despite moving into a new stadium and not being able to sell out Man City at home last season whilst fighting to stay above the relegation places for most of it.
Could say they are lucky, along with Man City, for being given a stadium and only having to put £15m of their own dough into a conversion costing more than £200m & rising (which we all will be paying). They are basically being given the right to use a stadium for a century for £3m more than it paid for Enner Valencia. That is despite the quoting the value of Upton Park, which they will sell, for £71m. So, lucky Spam will actually make about £50m for their new stadium.
Newham council will receive a 35 per cent share in the lease, giving it a share in income from the stadium Newham Council will also receive 100,000 free tickets a year to give away to who they want to. Which is bollocks. Especially for teams in their vincinty like Orient, and us.
Most jobs at the revamped Stadium will then be filled exclusively through Workplace, the council’s Job Centre-type service, which is reserved for Newham residents only.
So, not only have spam been given a new stadium, Newham have made sure the jobs inside it go to Newham residents only, that they get free tickets and have a share in the income the OS makes whilst asking the taxpayer to foot the bill.
Now that's fucking lucky.........or a complete fucking disgrace and national scandal.

How many times have we totally dominated games but failed to put chances away because of bad finishing/great keeping and then conceded in the dying minutes?
Do we all rejoice in how dominant we were and curse the 'good luck' of the other team or do we all coat our team for bad finishing

This

Luck is intangible as others have said. We all want it, we all curse the lack of it, & we all savour those moments when we enjoyi it. I've been doing the lottery since day 1-religiously. Never won more than £84. Brian, who was in my pub quiz team when I lived in Bolton won £26 million. Straight up. He still puts his £10 on every week. & still never buys a round. Luck? Or destiny? Or good juju? I also know the person who was next in the queue behind him when he bought his winning ticket & was chatting to him in the queue. Unlucky? Who knows?

I still think that Messi missing a penalty, and Bayern being the first German team in the history of football EVER to lose a Penalty shoot out, all with the specific aim of denying us the Champions League spot we'd EARNED, is, and always will be pretty unlucky!
...oh, plus Lasagne & Mendes' GOAL at Old Trampford while i'm here!!

the thing about lasagne gate was the way man running the premier league insisted our game had to go ahead whilst attending the last game at the library party at goonerville.The people that run the premier league got lucky.although it turned out to be the food poisoning, what would they have then done if it had been discovered that we were nobbled.
That was the moment i realised that everything in football now is about keeping the status quo.
everything since then.....FFP, champions league via the europa league, its all about keeping a dozen or so clubs where they are and fuck the rest.

the thing about lasagne gate was the way man running the premier league insisted our game had to go ahead whilst attending the last game at the library party at goonerville.The people that run the premier league got lucky.although it turned out to be the food poisoning, what would they have then done if it had been discovered that we were nobbled.
That was the moment i realised that everything in football now is about keeping the status quo.
everything since then.....FFP, champions league via the europa league, its all about keeping a dozen or so clubs where they are and fuck the rest.

Well of course it is, you won't ever get upstarts like Wimbledon coming through again or Preston North end winning the league.

Modern football the big teams have huge squads of international class players that require massive funds, funds which are given mainly through rich cunt owners and champions league qualifying.

Any team that develops their own players like Southampton is quickly cannibalised though the saints somehow have produced so many kids they are still doing alright but they hardly have the ability to challenge for the league.

Back
Top Bottom