Our problems

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Expensive and rubbish divas on the bench that think they deserve to be paid huge amounts or win things but are literally playing like MK Dons back up, and cant be relied on

Defending in certain games

Attacking in certain games

Keeper

Tactics some games

The erratic form of our players

No leadership on the pitch

No game plan going forward

No identity

Wasteful subs

No attempt to integrate two strikers together

The players have an inevitable look on their face when we lose rather than a disappointed one.
It feels that the only way to fix Tottenham sometimes is 22 new players and a new coaching team.
Some will scream “New owners!!!” But it’s as silly as thinking some Sheik will make Dele good.

Last night showed that even when it’s good, it’s shit.

those not in the first 11 don't put in the effort needed when they get their chance
Dele only real position is playing second striker, he's not an EPL midfield
Winks is not a DM, but that is where he keeps being played
Dier is not a left sided CH (no-one wants to play Left side CH)
Doherty FB ? everytime they talk about his wolves days say he was a wingback, so why try to play him at FB ?
for me the worst crime is letting Eriksen go and not getting a creative midfielder, GLC is not creative (just an upgrade on Lamela)

too many players who have to dribble with the ball because they can't see an early pass (lamela, Bergwijn, Lucas) we only have Kane that has the game picture in his mind so see's the early pass

Another reactionary thread after a loss, only thing is that this time on the balance of play we actually deserved to win.

Everton have pumped a tonne of money into their squad and in wages on the pitch and it's starting to pay off.

I'd personally believe Digne, Doucoure, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin, Sigurdsson/James Rodriguez would all walk into our current squad with the players we have available etc.

If we'd played shite and went out, this might make more sense.

Another reactionary thread after a loss, only thing is that this time on the balance of play we actually deserved to win.

Everton have pumped a tonne of money into their squad and in wages on the pitch and it's starting to pay off.

I'd personally believe Digne, Doucoure, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin, Sigurdsson/James Rodriguez would all walk into our current squad with the players we have available etc.

If we'd played shite and went out, this might make more sense.
The set up was good, the overall play was good.
Lloris was shit
Dele was shit
Winks was shit
Sanchez at the back was shit
Bergwijn was shit
Toby was shit
We lost
We shipped soft goals
We missed sitters
We still had to bring Kane on

Yes I was thoroughly entertained. Doesn’t mean we don’t have issues though does it.

Theres a core of a decent team, with 10 stragglers. Wont go anywhere with this manager IMHO.
Be honest, would you rather:
1) give Jose time to build his team and shift the non performers and replace them

2) let yet another manager try and get the best out of the likes of Dele for three more years

You talk about the core of players yet our best three have 8 goals between them against the top 6 and 3 assists (6 and 3 if you take out Woolwich)

I’ll keep saying it until someone responds.
You can’t all just pretend that’s ok from 3 supposed world class players.

It’s garbage

Our biggest problem seems to be communication in defence, there is none.

Sanchez played excellently when Jan was beside him telling him what to do. Now you get Toby, whose only reaction is to look round after a goal to see who he can blame, Dier who seems to be in a wee World of his own, Sanchez who needs a leader beside him and Rodon who has to concentrate on getting up to speed with the EPL before we discover if he's a leader or not.

The difference someone like De Ligt would make to our defence would be utterly massive.

1) give Jose time to build his team and shift the non performers and replace them

2) let yet another manager try and get the best out of the likes of Dele for three more years

You talk about the core of players yet our best three have 8 goals between them against the top 6 and 3 assists (6 and 3 if you take out Woolwich)

It’s garbage
Option 2 please.

Jose's had 18 months and come up with "Pray to God Harry Kane is fit".

That's it.

It’s garbage

I'm thinking bigger picture (as a 40 year supporter). Truly world class players are rare at spurs. Having a potentially even a few in one team is not to be sniffed at. Even certified world class players wont get great stats unless they've got a decent team around them.

Well good luck because Dele, Lamela, Moura, Dier, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Sanchez, Aurier, Lloris, Toby will never......ever........be any better than they already are
Maybe, you never know.

A competent management team can utilise players in a different way to maximise their abilities. At present, I believe Jose is busy hammering square posts into triangular holes. Whether he doesn't want to adapt his tactics to suit the players or he is just too stubborn to do so. But I'll ask again. Why has there been such a downturn in our players abilities since Jose arrived?

I'm thinking bigger picture (as a 40 year supporter). Truly world class players are rare at spurs. Having a potentially even a few in one team is not to be sniffed at. Even certified world class players wont get great stats unless they've got a decent team around them.
We had world class players in the 90s and they made the difference with worse players around them

The sooner our fans accept Kane, Son and Ndombele just aren’t that level the better

We just have too many players in the squad that aren’t good enough. I don’t really think it’s more complicated than that.

We take punts on cheaper targets hoping they will develop into world beaters, and they do not.

Maybe, you never know.

A competent management team can utilise players in a different way to maximise their abilities. At present, I believe Jose is busy hammering square posts into triangular holes. Whether he doesn't want to adapt his tactics to suit the players or he is just too stubborn to do so. But I'll ask again. Why has there been such a downturn in our players abilities since Jose arrived?
Since Jose arrived? His first game in charge we won away in the PL for the first time in 11 months.
The rot started years ago h see the last regime.

Cupping the balls of underperforming players and dropping the hard workers. Rose, Dele, Eriksen, Toby etc all pandered to while playing shit and not signing contracts.

Player power from wankers.
Another manager could utilise, but when the bounce stops, it’s just this squad again.

Back
Top Bottom