Our problems

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just the right investment will do.
I’ll happily play the academy in the Carabou Final, they’ll do a better job I’m sure
Unless you know of specific bargains then GENERALLY you get what you pay for as shown by the table I posted.

Even teams that buy smart (like Liverpool getting Robertson) supplement it with big buys.

I don't get it you are essentially angry, frustrated or annoyed cos Spurs don't win things like the teams above. But simultaneously don't acknowledge the spending which is what is responsible.

Our problems are from the Back, Lloris included, If we had a decent back 4 that allowed the rest of the team to do their thing i think the game against City at the weekend would be to go top of the table, Out of the defenders we have the only one i would look to keep are Tanganga, Rodon, Aurier and Reggie and Davies.
I know a lot will say get rid of Davies, but put him in a back 4 next to a decent CB partnership and he isnt as bad as everyone makes out and will we really get anyone better as a backup LB /LCB? Bring back Sessengon as well and that's the left side sorted.

Ruben Dias is a perfect example.

Pricey but we could have got him. Looks like he’ll be the foundation of City’s title winning side for the next four or five years.

We will ship out Sanchez and, let’s be honest, try and nab a cut price deal for someone that may or may not be a good player.

Our problem is we buy mediocre dross. We should buy young talent like Rodon but supplement it with the very best players available on the market.

Unless you know of specific bargains then GENERALLY you get what you pay for as shown by the table I posted.

Even teams that buy smart (like Liverpool getting Robertson) supplement it with big buys.

I don't get it you are essentially angry, frustrated or annoyed cos Spurs don't win things like the teams above. But simultaneously don't acknowledge the spending which is what is responsible.
Spending hasn’t cost us the finals and semis we’ve lost though.
Spending didn’t cost us the CL final any more than it cost us going out to Norwich or Everton

Just the right investment will do.
I’ll happily play the academy in the Carabou Final, they’ll do a better job I’m sure
Exactly no nessarily big big on guaranteed quality but a bit of brains too Fofanna dud not break the bank. I mean if you want to feel depressed try the fact that Craig Dawson of West Ham is currently better than ALL our options at centre back right now.

Spending hasn’t cost us the finals and semis we’ve lost though.
Spending didn’t cost us the CL final any more than it cost us going out to Norwich or Everton
I'm sorry didn't know you could predict how games and seasons would pan out with transfers changing a team completely.

So our players bottle games is what you're saying. Why haven't we invested more into non bottlers then? That's on Levy. Say it Sambo

Maybe, you never know.

A competent management team can utilise players in a different way to maximise their abilities. At present, I believe Jose is busy hammering square posts into triangular holes. Whether he doesn't want to adapt his tactics to suit the players or he is just too stubborn to do so. But I'll ask again. Why has there been such a downturn in our players abilities since Jose arrived?
Check league form before Poch got the heave ho.

Problems were papered over by the cup run etc.

Exactly no nessarily big big on guaranteed quality but a bit of brains too Fofanna dud not break the bank. I mean if you want to feel depressed try the fact that Craig Dawson of West Ham is currently better than ALL our options at centre back right now.
Has it really got to this that we can actually use a west ham player as a standard bearer on how to defend.

I'm sorry didn't know you could predict how games and seasons would pan out with transfers changing a team completely.

So our players bottle games is what you're saying. Why haven't we invested more into non bottlers then? That's on Levy. Say it Sambo
Well you’re predicting that the defensive signings like Robertson would have improved us. That’s not necessarily the case. Just because someone is good for one team, doesn’t mean they would’ve been for another.

Well you’re predicting that the defensive signings like Robertson would have improved us. That’s not necessarily the case. Just because someone is good for one team, doesn’t mean they would’ve been for another.
Mate history literally proves that investment results in success more often than not.
We should aim to model ourselves on ANOMALIES.

I've been happy with our set up and intent the last two games tbh.

If we kept that up and ended up getting out full strength team back, Aurier and Reguilon back in at full back. Fully fit Kane starting up top and deciding to move forward with Rodon I think we'd get results.

We had world class players in the 90s and they made the difference with worse players around them

The sooner our fans accept Kane, Son and Ndombele just aren’t that level the better
Harsh. Son is far too inconsistent to be genuinely world class... and he’s been poor - by his standards - for a few months now (post-Woolwich match I think).

Kane clearly a world class striker and every team on the planet would want him in their side. He just doesn’t get the quality and sharpness of service that you would in a better side.

NDombele needs more time. He’s young and taking a while to settle into the league. But I do feel that he could very reasonably be a key cog of a very decent team.

Our defence is a total mess for me. Ageing and inconsistent, and then people like DavSan and Davies who are just not good enough for a top side.

Mate history literally proves that investment results in success more often than not.
We should aim to model ourselves on ANOMALIES.
Yep, the richest teams tend to spend most and win most. So we just need someone to take over that has more money than Abu Dhabi. Problem solved. In the meantime, maybe we just accept that we can challenge at times and that’s about it.

Yep, the richest teams tend to spend most and win most. So we just need someone to take over that has more money than Abu Dhabi. Problem solved. In the meantime, maybe we just accept that we can challenge at times and that’s about it.
Fair.

So since we're at such a disadvantage might as well get a coach who can outperform his resources right? What use is a chequebook manager without Abu Dhabi?

Back
Top Bottom